Why can't I access my server when port forwerded using UPnP but Plex can be accessed which is on the same server

ISP
Reliance Jio150Mbps
I want to access my rpi 4 4gb which is running Open Media Vault, Jellyfin(docker) and Plex(docker) and I want to access my server outside my local network but I no matter how I port forward the ports will not open up, I even setup a firewall rule to allow that port forward service but no luck but my Plex on the other hand can be accessed and I checked, it uses UPnP to port forward. Please help if anyone knows how to port forward my be send me a screen shot. Ports that I want to open are 80 and 8096

Instead of posting new threads aiming to solve the same issue, you should read the replies on your previous one.
Hint:
Zerotier

Upvote 0
Use Tailscale . It is best for your use case

Nebula is also a option , but requires little effort in installing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@PrayagPrajapati You could also get a cheap/free VPS and setup ZeroTier on it, use the VPS as a proxy for Raspi.

Oracle provides free VPS. Should work fine for this purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@JB701 Just curious ..Can server be hosted on PC using zerotier (On ISPs having CG-NAT)?

Upvote 0
@PrayagPrajapati You could also get a cheap/free VPS and setup ZeroTier on it, use the VPS as a proxy for Raspi.

Is the oracle vps free forever or only 30days?
Also another option is get a cheap vps and use wireguard.
eg:-
connect to wireguard(vps) server from client(home)
then give the vps server ip to ur friends.
also u need to run a command to nat the port from to server

That way no need of installing zerotier/ any app.

Upvote 0

It asks me for my credit card and I don't have one as I am under 18

Upvote 0

Back