Why do food delivery services hide reviews?

• Thread starter Thread starter riju
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,561
ISP
Railwire, BSNL
So, I ordered food the day before yesterday from Swiggy. It was chicken and paneer. And, I got diarrhoea the very next morning. I suspect it was the paneer because me and sister both got upset stomachs while my mom who only ate the chicken was fine. Now, I already rated it 4 star the same day after consuming the food. I can't re-edit like I can in Amazon or Flipkart. So, it is bugging me. Why do food ordering services hide the reviews and not allow re-editing of the reviews? Is it only in Swiggy? I have used Zomato before when I was living in Mumbai and I remember they too hide those.

Well you should have waited for the results in the morning before giving it a 4 star :)
On a serious note, these services take money to remove negative reviews as well.

Well you should have waited for the results in the morning before giving it a 4 star :)
On a serious note, these services take money to remove negative reviews as well.

That was my bad. I really should have waited. I emailed Swiggy about it and they gave me a 30₹ discount coupon. I don't need no stupid coupons. Just make the reviews seen, so that people can know if the quality of the food of that particular restaurant has been great or not recently. It would have saved me from a day of stomach aches.

A single cloud kitchen in my local market pays close to 3.5L in commission to swiggy/zomato every month. This is in addition to money paid for promoted listings and other upgrades.

They have no incentive to downgrade or delist these outlets.

3.5 lacs is a lot of money. Is it an average commision they pay on orders in a month or is it fixed?

Percentage of order. 27 percent I believe. Bigger/Popular restaurants get better deal which lowers this percentage to around 15 percent iirc.

Back