Why is MTNL 2Mbps Unlimited still so costly in Mumbai?

• Thread starter Thread starter 5381357
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 5,318
When I was in France and I feel it's a waste paying that much for that mere Speed of 2Mbps, I would happily pay them if the price comes down to 1k.:)

Well, when I was in London, I was on 50 Mbps Virgin Media line.
When in Rome......do as Romans do.

Matt has already published his long and tiresome article few posts above. Read it again and suck it up.

Ya lol Read it, I Will do in India as the Indians do lol.;)

Yeah, but I am mostly not there at my place at night, I always am hangin out in some pubs, club, discos, restaurants or partying with my friends and when I come back from there I hate to stay awake, I feel very sleepy, .:)
Man when will i have dis kind of lyf.....i really wonder....my life suxxx

Man when will i have dis kind of lyf.....i really wonder....my life suxxx

Such life is not good for your liver and bank balance.

Now if you are Mallya then that is a different case.

People who really live up like the "crème de la crème" don't usually brag about their Lifestyle..unless they are faking it..for eyeballs ofcouse ;)

Anyway now that sanke1 has revealed that in London he was on a 50mbps virgin, many may have started packing their bags to go there too. :)

Oh No, I am tired of that Lifestyle now and btw the MTNL plan price for 2Mbps is way costlier than expected, I mean Rs.4999+ tax comes to Rs.5500 per month, I used to get 10times that speed when I was in France and I feel it's a waste paying that much for that mere Speed of 2Mbps, I would happily pay them if the price comes down to 1k.:)

All things considered, perhaps you'd be better off with an ISP other than MTNL if you feel it's too costly - there are other options out there that'll give you 2mbit/s for far less than Rs5k.

Fivenet is a fairly popular choice. Reliance could be an option, even though their newest plans have FUPs. Or Airtel - their FUPs have recently been revised and are quite reasonable compared to what they used to be. And we'll be available later in the year - and I also kind of have France to thank for that.

All of these options are, of course, subject to availability in your area. All else failing, if you absolutely must go with MTNL, then I guess one of their most popular choices would be their 1mbit/s plan. 1mbit/s sucks, I know, but I think once high-speeds become ubiquitous and cheap like they are in France, only then can we really have offerings even resembling what they are in the EU.

Back