Widgets on Airtel Digital TV DTH

ISP
BSNL
have any of you used this cool feature on Airtel DTH. You can get widgets on most channels by pressing the Widgets button on the remote. When markets are open, looks like it gives live stock information and you can also pick what stocks you want to see data for. It also seems to have live news/breaking news and other cool features. I really liked this feature. Does not seem to be there on any other DTH service.

Yep! even i liked the feature.I check the accuracy of the stocks with UTVi News and it was damn accurate and updated pretty quickly :thumbsup:

Yes, its pretty cool feature available only on DigitalTV. BTW, I don't think, this feature is channel dependent. You can access it whenever you want. Irrespective of the channel you are watching.

Here you go....!!! There are several categories in Widgets also such as: WorldTime, Indian Stock Updates( Stocks of Indian Companies in Alphabetical Order!), Global Stocks,
Bollywood, Latest News, Sports.
The following pictures show:
Global Markets
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4241/28012009036kk6.jpg
Flash News
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1830/28012009044ya2.jpg
World Time
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3660/28012009043xo4.jpg

Sorry for Bad picture quality .

One can go to iNet-Widgets and select Personalize stocks. Here, you can choose what stocks you want to track. Only those stocks show up on the widgets that come up on the TV screen also.Good feature to see only stocks that you want to watch rather than seeing everything. It seems to retain the selected stocks even when you reboot the STB. Not sure how many stocks you can select.

Thanks for the picture.Nice interactive services.In the picture there is a News flash Icon.Whether Airtel is having tie up with any news channel?

One can go to iNet-Widgets and select Personalize stocks. Here, you can choose what stocks you want to track. Only those stocks show up on the widgets that come up on the TV screen also.

Good feature to see only stocks that you want to watch rather than seeing everything. It seems to retain the selected stocks even when you reboot the STB. Not sure how many stocks you can select.

Thanks for this useful information Ramesh. I'll give it a try when I am at home. Is the stocks widget the only customizable widget or there are other customizable widgets as well? Like news widget with the topic of our interests etc.

Thanks for this useful information Ramesh. I'll give it a try when I am at home. Is the stocks widget the only customizable widget or there are other customizable widgets as well? Like news widget with the topic of our interests etc.

I was watching Oceans 13 on HBO with news widget on and the Delhi airport emergency news flashed on the Widget screen. In this text, there was "Indigo to NDTV...." Hence, I switched over to NDTV and saw the same text there. I guess the news feed is coming from NDTV. Amazingly, the widgets had the breaking news as soon as it was breaking on other news channels.

Very useful feature because you do not miss your Sunday evening movie, but get to know what else is happening also.

Also, realized that the last viewed widget is what comes up when you press the widget button.

Back