will the speed decrease

its simple suppose you have 30 mbps connection , you will get only 28 mbps of speed available to you for use , now suppose , someone on your network is using the internet and is lets say watching a video on youtube , now youtube has smart buffering system that downloads some part of the video as per its need. you will have no issues then .

now for someone downloading something that uses full network speed then you are likely to get lag issues because of that

my downloading speed hardly reaches 20.it just is between 12 to 20 in jio fiber which actually sucks @Xposed.when i call their customer support they say me server problem of site but i am downloading from youtube

there seems another device connected to your network which is using your internet bandwidth in background , most likely,
otherwise just tell the cc that you are getting 20 Mbps to the nearest server on speedtest to get them to register a complaint and get the line checked , its highly unlikely btw

A single strand of fiber on GPON can give upto 2.5 Gb/sec which can be split upto 64 times . I leave the rest upto you to do the math . This only applies if you are provided a single cable to the whole apartment before splitting.

Rather than applying your brain, call up CC tell them to send a technician, show them the speed and switch if it is low.
If you are thinking that you might face issues if they start overselling their connection by splitting their leased lines to more than the customers that they need to which I do not blame you, Reliance is famous for that at least before.

Now given that the competition is alive at least they should have not have the balls to do such an awful thing by overselling.
And even their fiber splitting ports have very limited ports available, for example in my premises we have 4 boxes for each blocks providing around 8 ports or more to each particular blocks which should not lead to overselling as they setup their fiber ports according to the houses requirement(s) - at least that happening in my apartment. We had to issue them with a Building Permission Form which was provided by them (I have attached the form as well).

Airtel VDSL provides up to 50Mbps now basically I used to get 100Mbps but whatever it was about the distance as the box was right behind our society.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Capture2.webp
    Capture2.webp
    115.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Back