Windows 7 Least Infectious: Microsoft Security Intelligence Report

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,530
so microsoft released a report on their own operating systems? and we are to believe that report? in any case, i do not think anyone had any doubts that win7 has turned out to be an excellent product. but relatively speaking, i would imagine linux and mac os x are still less infectious compared to windows 7.

so microsoft released a report on their own operating systems? and we are to believe that report?

in any case, i do not think anyone had any doubts that win7 has turned out to be an excellent product.

but relatively speaking, i would imagine linux and mac os x are still less infectious compared to windows 7.

O RLY? According to statistics I've seen in the last 24-48 hours (I think on CNet), Win7 infections are up 30%, XP infections down 20%.

I think previous comparative studies on the security flaws in each OS showed that Mac was the buggiest of the lot, though Apple would not accept it (duh). That was followed by Windows, but the gap between the two was huge. Third was Linux. Last was Solaris. Barring the first, the others weren't separated by a huge margin

ah right. they have stopped selling it on paper. but would still get patches for critical vulnerabilities :D

Back