Worth going for an airtel wi-fi connection ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Eddy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 21,750

Eddy

ISP
Airtel
Dear BB Junta,I use Airtel BB connection at home and am an extremely satisfied customer in terms of connectivity and speeds. ( I am on a 128 kbps unlimited plan). The clutter of wires and my need to be mobile within the house has encouraged me to look at the Wi-Fi option that airtel is offering for 500 bucks.-How are the reviews for this connection ? -Is it as reliable interms of connectivity and speed as the wired connection ?-I live on the 9th floor in Dwarka, New Delhi.Ultimately, is it worth going for the connection ?

Do they charge a monthly rent ? if yes , then buy a wifi router yourself , they are cheap , i got my Netgear WGR614 for 1.5k

Nopes, no monthly rent. Just a one time payment.If I buy it from airtel, then its their headache. I am not tech savy enough to trouble shoot it in case of trouble. But thats what I want to know, will it be as reliable ?

no beetel 450bx1 given by airtel is a very choice. get ur ow wifi from market...airtel service is very good there rep will come home and setup ur wifi router also....just personally call them....:happy:

@eddy
h t t p://airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/airtel.in/Airtel.In/Home/ForYou/Wireless+Internet/

:: Airtel :: Tariff

If you mean the USB modem and /or data card from Airtel , Your location height is an advantage. ( 7th floor about 70 feet from ground level )

no beetel 450bx1 given by airtel is a very choice. get ur ow wifi from market...airtel service is very good there rep will come home and setup ur wifi router also....just personally call them....:happy:

I understand you wanted to say the the Beetel is a very bad choice ? So that means there will be a problem with connectivity ?

Is my 9th floor a disadvantage ?

@eseebee: I am not looking at a data card or a USB modem. I am looking at wi-fi.

I want to take new airtel broadband connection, I am staying near CMH, indiranagar, bangalore , can any one give Airtel Broadband Services Helpline numbers. It not able to view tariffs and customer care numbers from the airtel site

thanks iam able to open pdf file but not able to view in the tariffs airtel site after selecting karnataka circle.

Back