• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,970
Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh177

Regulars
ISP
BSNL broadband
Hello,I am using monsoon offer plan of tata which offers me 256 kbps wherein at night 8pm to 8 am its free for downloading. And in daytime it charges me 50 paise per mb. I just checked my internet usage and i was shocked to what i seen.On date 16/3/08 it says i downloaded 841.7 mb and uploaded 708.14 mb in day time. This is absolute lie, in actual fact i downloaded and uploaded all this data in night time when its free for me. And its obvious they will charge me almost 800 rs more to me in the bill because of their wrong calculation.Suggest me, what i as a customer can do in this matter as i have no tools to prove that they did wrong calculations. I am helpless.I sent the mail to CC just now, waiting for there reply.Your suggestions would be much appreciated.Thank-you

Always go for an unlimited plan and avoid taking time & volume based plans (which i think should be declared illegal). Most ISP's take their customers for a ride with these shitty volume/time based plans.

yes this are problems with limited plans..anyways, call the customer care and shout at them..this is probably clock error from their server.

Are you sure that the volume they are reporting for ul/dl is the volume you used? Does this happen all the time? I have seen something similar with a time based account. Make sure you are not using the default password that they gave you when setting up your connection. Many people have seen abnormal usage on their account for time or volume based accounts and changing the password corrected the problem. For example, I checked my friends usage at 3:30PM on Tuesday and we were amazed that his usage data showed that he was logged on from 3PM - 7PM for the same day!!! How in the hell could they bill him for usage time in the future! Of course customer service said it was his problem. I guess he somehow has the power to bend time and space. This abnormal billing/usage happened for a week until we changed his password and magically never saw the problem again. Time and limit accounts are good and actually cheaper if you couple it with the nighttime unlimited and only use it during the night (assuming they bill you correctly). Also when you are not using your modem you should unplug it. They can't/shouldn't be able to false charge you if you are not connected. If you have a local VSNL technician contact then you should tell them to look into the problem if it still persists. Contacting the customer service representatives is usually pointless. They are criminally clueless and will always say that it is a problem on your end. The limit of their debugging skills is to tell you to reboot your computer and modem. Good luck.

Actually i got the reply for my mail and they accepted its their fault. At least it proves that customer supposrt via mail for TATA users is ON and working. Cheers. But i am unhappy for what has happenend.

Here is the reply ...

Dear Sir

there was a problem in server and usage is counted in day. Actually it is night usage.
so that it will not reflect in the bill.

Thanks & Regards
Soniya Garg
ADSL Support ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back