Xiaomi News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 129,013
India manufactured? Or India assembled?

I am sure it would actually be assmebled one.

Phones are assembled. Xiaomi does not manufacture processors or displays or ram chips. I am pretty sure India can manufacture plastic enclosures.

That's not all..more to come..[emoji16]
I know sushubh doesn't like Xiaomi that much,but comparing with other firms Xiaomi has some maturity

mmm. no company manufacture all/most components in their phones. except for samsung maybe. samsung gets a lot of shit for their phones but the fact remains, they are one of the handful of companies that are actually doing R&D and manufacturing. i have nothing against xiaomi. i got note 4g for mom and i think it's pretty awesome.

everything is wrong with 5.0.2 on moto turbo. note 4g is fine on the current version. i just have a few minor annoyances. had to read an online guide to set a custom ringtone as the volume is not very high on the back speaker. especially if it is lying on a bed. but then i guess that's the problem with all phones with speakers on the back.

@chromaniac use a case for Note 4G, the ringtone problem will be 50% solved... Further bugs on update is nothing new.. Xiaomi stopped the KK update to RedmiNote_3G due to so many bugs.

But the bugs in Android 5.0.x is due to Google itself. Infact lollipop is one hell of an update.. Earlier android updates either take care of UI changes more + slight core OS changes [GB / JB] OR heavy changes in core OS + slight changes in UI [KK].. But wrt Lollipop both areas are having too much tremendous changes [ART made mandatory, 64 bit OS, Material design, system wide encryption, Project Volta, pop-up notifications, on-screen keys re-design, Complete redesign of drop down notification, to name a few] that even Google struggled to give bug free updates.. Last time such transition was seen in Gingerbread to ICS (for phones) and hence ICS has most slowest adoption rate earlier and NOW that crown was snatched by lollipop..

I think Motorola is best among others wrt updates [even for mid range phones], even after purchased by Lenovo. Others incl Lenovo don't give a sh!t about major OS updates, even for flagship phones.. They are like parents who give birth to child and leave them to roam on the road... Atleast you can expect 5.1 in Moto phones that came with 4.2, but for even K3 note that came with 5.0, I can NEVER expect 5.1...

So have patience.. Motorola earlier has released updates faster than older Nexus phones [KK for Moto X OG before Nexus 4]. To continue that trend they have rolled out faster 5.0 updates, not correcting the Google bugs itself. Now they are taking careful steps in releasing 5.1 updates or at least that is what I think. You may remember the 5.0.x bugs in Nexus 5 days..

Let us Say and hope ALL IS WELL...

could not find any decent case for the note 4g.
bought an amzer one. piece of shit. especially at the price i paid for it.

Back