• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 6,443

mailtoviki

...Viki (a) PriYan...
ISP
BSNL
Zee buys Naan Kadavul for Rs. 16 crores

Prasanna Singh [September 23, 2008, 4:04:13 PM] Zee Network, which has entered Tamil media world, has acquired its first big time film. It has bought Bala’s Naan Kadavul for Rs. 16 crores, which cost Rs.14 crores to make. Zee TV, which will start a Tamil TV channel very soon, has realized that it will have to own the rights of various famous Tamil films to be successful in the local films in the TV circuit. With this plan, it has bought the rights of this much-hyped film, which will surely do well for its offbeat theme. With its experience and revenue, Zee poses a great challenge to local Tamil channels such as Kalaignar or Sun network.
Naan Kadavul, starring Arya and Pooja, was in the making for the past two years. The film’s theme is bold, novel, and never-been-tried before! It delves into unfathomable and obscure minds and lives of godmen and those with altered states of mind. The film traces the life of Aghori sadhus, a sect that practices necrophagous cannibalism, i.e. they feed on human corpses. Aghoris eat parts of corpses left afloat in the Ganges; some aghoris claim it gives them immortality and supernatural powers, while others claim it gives them moksha. The film also concentrates on the minds of mentally- and physically-challenged people and how they develop an altered state of mind to overcome what society sees as a shortcoming. In fact, some of their ideologies will force one to redefine the boundaries of sanity or physical handicaps.
There is no filmmaker other than Bala who has tried such an obscure subject before. Bala’s fascination with these people who live with an altered state of mind results in a valuable presentation called Naan Kadavul,which is a definite tool that can help humanity expand their knowledge.
The film is planned for release on Diwali.

Zee Tamil will not succeed in the Market, It will disappear soon!!!Hindi karanunga Tamizhana patthi kavalapada mattanga:@Proof,Thier previous failure , Zee Bharathi :wall:

Zee had a Tamil Channel years back, which failed to attract viewers and Stopped the service. It was a Asianet-Zee joint venture and was a total failure in the market. Even it was the period when Zee was No.1 n North India. Now Zee is holding 3rd or 4th position in Hindi Market.:P

Yeah.. i do remember. But that time i guess Asianet was holding majority operations. Acutally I guess it was Asianet Bharathi in Tamil and Asianet Kaveri for Kannada. Both of the channels were stopped the service. Also it was not given on all the Cable Network channels. That Zee had a competition from JAIN TV, ATN etc.

Asianet was asked to provide content services and management, and Zee was supposed to fund the Project. But unfortunately, Zee did not fund properly, as they were concentrating on North Indian channels. The result was, Asianet pulled out from the project and finally Zee Bharathi[ Not Asianet Bharathi, It came with Z logo] was closed. I dont know whether you remember, there was another channel which was at that time, NILA tv by Rabi Bernaud, which also closed, because of fund issue.:@In TN, No one can beat Sun Group, Except Kalaignar Tv [ Only till DMK is ruling :whistle:]

I only know one 'NAAN' which I ate few hours before with Chicken Masala.Right now its inside my stomach and my digestive system is currently digesting it;So hows that NAAN channel, must be very tasty, spicy just like d one I had in my supper??Guyz, no offence! Just joking :D

I only know one 'NAAN' which I ate few hours before with Chicken Masala.
Right now its inside my stomach and my digestive system is currently digesting it;
So hows that NAAN channel, must be very tasty, spicy just like d one I had in my supper??
Guyz, no offence! Just joking :D

Hindi karanunga Tamizhana patthi kavalapada mattanga:@

Mi hindi bhashik nahi, my mother toungue is KONKANI.I supports eradication of HINDI in mumbai and want every mumbaikar should speak Marathi and I follow footsteps of Tamil people on how they kicked hindi out of their state. And my sis is married to 'Ayengar' and I am Brahmin and I wear thread; so I am ur little brother.

Mi hindi bhashik nahi, my mother toungue is KONKANI.
I supports eradication of HINDI in mumbai and want every mumbaikar should speak Marathi and I follow footsteps of Tamil people on how they kicked hindi out of their state.

And my sis is married to 'Ayengar' and I am Brahmin and I wear thread; so I am ur little brother.
arey chinmay! -what he is saying is that hindi people cannot conquer tamil channel market.simple fact is the likes and dislikes are largely different.

and we have GSB's here all over south india in madras or kerala or karnataka.but not the chitrapur saraswath's.:redface: and in cities like cochin,calicut city centre is occupied by konkani's(thats what we call them).shenoy's ,kini's,bhatt's `em all here.

and "NAAN" means "ME" or "Mein" in tamil.and NAAN is available here too :rofl:.apart from tamilnadu(not central syllabus) ,kerala ,karnataka etc got hindi syllabus on all of our school's and we know basic hindi for that matter.

Hi Karthik, Yes, I do remember NILA TV from Rabi. But as you said SUN TV was an dominator that time, the other channels were unable to stand. But when SUN TV initially had 4 HRS transmission, JAIN TV, Asianet (Played Tamil MOVIE's on saturdays morning), NEPC TV (Played Tamil Programs from 2 to 6) were became popular. That time, as tamil DD and SUN TV programs had very less time of transmission, it became popular. When they came to the 24 HRS operations, they were unable to fulfill the viewers choice and SUN TV learnt trick to hold the people on their side. So JJ TV was the competitior that time. If you remember, Even GEC (now known as Vijay TV) was flop which was started by Cho. Ramasamy.

Back