Zee Dish TV DTH Child Connection Question

• Thread starter Thread starter coolguy97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 6,115

coolguy97

ISP
MTNL
Dish tv had first introduce multi-connection with a monthly rental of Rs 100/ per month with parent connection with maxi package.then they increase rental to Rs 125/- after wards they increase it to Rs 150/- then started new scheme as Child pack .Now they have increase it to Rs.155/- in which they have removed most of the star tv network channels ,zoom,sports channel and others.Now suppose i want all these channels i will have to pay more than Platinum Pack.My question is whats the use of Multi-tv connection?.If my family members want to view any channel suppose say star plus i will tell my family members you go in hall or vice versa OR suppose even i want star plus channel in my child pack i have to pay Rs 50/- which doesn't makes sense.Whether they are following TRAI guide lines or not i am not surebecause previously child connection was on rental basis now it is separate pack. Multi-connection should be in such a way that i should not pay the same amount to view the all channels on both connection.means i should not pay 312 +312=Rs.624/ to view all channels or using add-on packs it should not cross more than platinum pack.Since they have taken same amount for the set-top boxes and given only one dish antenna. Dish tv officials how are the schemes u r implementing which doesn't makes any sense.Take proper Decisions and implement proper scheme so that customers who r connected from long with u will remain with u forever.

I have a DishTV connection at my home. When I bought a second TV I too was planning to take a child connection but the dealer adviced me to take a new connection instead of child connection which gave me a free set-top box and 6 months subscription of Platinum pack.After the present subscription expires I'll buy a silver pack and buy 1-2 channels which I watch with a-la-carte package as I'm not interested in watching all the channels on my second TV. It will cost me less than a child package.

i have had bad experience dealing with a child connection on zee dish tv. the package system is crap and it is advisable to keep the two connections separate.

----------

i think i end up paying close to 750 for the two dish tv connections i have at my place.

750rs? 2 Maxi packs? i think you are paying more.you can save about 250rs i think.

well i am not sure but the billing of zee dish tv is fraudish in nature. my brother handles the payments now. but it is a fact that zee dish tv child connection is a mess unless you know exactly what you are going to get for what you pay. i was promised one year free telecast. but the free time lasted hardly 6 months as they deducted money for the new channels that were added in the free package.

yes billing in Dishtv can be understood by themselves.even dealers dont know.right now last year their child pack for multi connection have been in jeopardy.channels removed and thrown everywhere.

Thats true. While Dish TV is really a good option if only 1 connection is taken, but you choose to go for a multi-room conn, and you are doomed...! :ishock: Its advisable to all my friends here to go for a separate new conn on the 2nd TV coz that will save more money than going for a multiroom conn..!

In Dishtv they have separte Child pack for child connection. which is having around 150 channels.

----------

750rs? 2 Maxi packs?
i think you are paying more.you can save about 250rs i think.

That means your are having 2 separate connections.

Child Connections in other DTHs:

Tata Sky::Avail of the same package on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th digicomp for only Rs 125 per month, per digicomp (inclusive of all taxes) means around(Rs.138/-)

Airtel DTH: Flat rate of Rs. 145 Plus tax for the secondary pack . ( Except Super Value / Value & South Value Packs on which same charges will be applicable)around(Rs 160/-)

BIG TV: subscription of your 1st connection can be
extended on additional connection at 50% charges
or Rs.150 (whichever is higher)

DishTV: Pay Rs.155/ +Tax which equals to around Rs.171/- plus with one more disadvantage that the child common Pack which has less no of channels which exclude channels like of Star Tv Network,Zoom,Sports Channels.

None of other DTH has separate pack they ask for rental or charge depending upon pack.:(

I had Called cc for this and discuss the problem with them,they are telling they also don't have the solution.They are telling you take both platinum packs.I told then It doesn't make sense then to take multi-Connection.:madness:

Back