Zee Dish TV DTH Child Connection Question

• Thread starter Thread starter coolguy97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 6,115
Yes, Dish TV is not a good option anymore for anyone opting for a Multi Room connection. Its better to stick with separate packs on 2nd, 3rd and 4th TVs...!! Dish TV is a failure in this situation. Other DTHs have better multi-room options...!!

I have a DishTV connection at my home. When I bought a second TV I too was planning to take a child connection but the dealer adviced me to take a new connection instead of child connection which gave me a free set-top box and 6 months subscription of Platinum pack.

After the present subscription expires I'll buy a silver pack and buy 1-2 channels which I watch with a-la-carte package as I'm not interested in watching all the channels on my second TV. It will cost me less than a child package.
same but now dealer change my child coonection in to new separate connection

My conclusion is that till now the best plan for multiroom connection is your local cable walla. I dropped dishtv out of my consideration for this simple fact that they were offering only 150 channels on child connection whereas others (Tata, Airtel, Big, D2H) are giving the same package as parent connection. Seems kind of stupid for dishtv to do this. Anyways I have decided to get STB from my localcable walla (Indigital Mumbai) becoz:-1. He is going to charge me only Rs. 200 for two connections. So thats a saving of almost Rs. 260 monthly (Rs. 3120 yearly) as compared to DTH 2. Plus in this Rs. 200 he gives me almost 200 actual TV channels + 17 radio channels3. He is not going to charge me anything for after sales calls. I have heard that Airtel charges Rs. 300 for engineer visit in case of any problems4. Few days back he gave me a demo of the STB and picture quality was simply great. I have seen picture quality of Tata and Airtel so I can safely say that as compared to them picture quality was quite good. 5. STB interface software is not that sophisticated as DTH providers but I can live with that.I have already ordered for the STB but it will take some time to get delivered. Hence my suggestion - Take a look at your cable walla before taking a decision.

^ I would definitely agree. In my case, though the cable operator is real biggie, the service was pathetic. Why would I need service you might ask? Well, ideally it wouldn't be required. But the STB was an outdated model, and their software upgrades invariably screwed up my STB, and I had to pay for it. Also, some of the channels kept going off air due to reception issues, and the guys were clueless. I then made the mistake of moving to Tata Sky. These guys are just a sophisticated version of my cable operator.

Well cable is better any day than DTH, [provided the cable wala is providing a proper service and all quality chs]. Atleast in my area, we get all, Yes...I mean it..ALL pay chs at just a monthly rental of Rs.200 per month and the STB....I just paid 1 yr rental for it and I can use it life-long. Secondly, I get TV5 MONDE too at no extra cost. And why not...? Afterall TV5 MONDE is an FTA ch and these cheaters - Dish TV charge Rs.150 per month for it. [What is TRAI doing ?] Secondly, my cable wala charges no money for after sales service. In Dish TV, you get a free service for 1 yr and after that you pay Rs.150+Tax per visit. But with my cable operator, I just got my STB remote replaced with a new one FOR FREE yesterday. And I had bought the STB in 2007 when CAS got implemented in Kolkata. So they are giving me free replacements and free service visits even after 2 years..! What else do you want ?

@icycool25: You are one of the lucky guys who's cablewalla gives him a trouble free service :thumb:.

One of the main reasons why people opt for DTH service is because they no longer want to live under the mercy of these self-styled 'godfathers' a.k.a cablewallas :madness:.

Why would someone pay Rs.300+ p.m. for the same channels which he/she otherwise would get for less than Rs.200 p.m. :icry:?

yeap. i suffered for long with the cable guy that provides service in my area. i tried my best to deal with him. he was simply useless. first it was zee dish tv. now it is airtel iptv. never been happier with my television feed.

Yeah, thats why I mentioned in my post that cable is good, provided the cable op in your area is a good guy and provides you with all the chs and gives you a good after-sales support. Unfortunately, most of the citizens often live at the mercy of these cable people who adds/removes chs as per his wish. For such people, DTH is always a good option..! :inodding:

Back