Zee Dish TV DTH: Same picture quality through both MPEG-2 & MPEG-4

• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 6,572
if that is the case ,why am I feel that sun dth picture quality is way better than Tata Sky /dish tv?:ashamed:

like stated earlier in the post, mpeg 4 just offers more compression so can offer more channels compared to mpeg 2 , quality is no different from mpeg 2, :whistle:

Sundth quality may be better because they have less channels and more transponders so they do not need to tightly compress the channels. So they hardly have to sacrifice quality.better quality = lower compressionhigher compression = lower quality

if that is the case ,why am I feel that sun dth picture quality is way better than Tata Sky /dish tv?:ashamed:

cud be that the stb that ur using from Sun uses better quality decoding chips than those that r use in TS/DishTv.

got myself a new DishTv connection 2day and i'm pretty pleased with it.

The picture quality between Mpeg-2 and Mpeg-4 is generally same but if you logically think about it then your answer will be negetive. As any compression of a file is always degenerated its quality. As our naked eye does not recognize it. Any raw mode of a file is generally uncompressed and has large file size. Compression is required for portability and nothing else. Remember compressed file has less details than uncompressed one. So Mpeg-2 is better than Mpeg-4 !

^^think of it this way; mpeg4 can compress more detail than mpeg2 if the transport stream size is the same for both.

The bottom line is that the broadcaster can accomodate more channel in their transponders if they use MPEG4 tech than MPEG2 tech..........but the picture quality remains the same........

Back