2012 Asia Cup

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 362
  • Views Views 24,903
D/L is a freaking joke, a black spot in Cricketing rules..I never forget the day when SA was given target 21 of 1 Ball...In that particular WC match SA was certainly winning the match.

Tamim and Shakib are the only 2 good players they have. Others are just for completing the squad. I still don't see Bangladesh winning this one, though I really want them to.

D/L is a freaking joke, a black spot in Cricketing rules..I never forget the day when SA was given target 21 of 1 Ball...In that particular WC match SA was certainly winning the match.

D/L was not in place when that happened.. Shifting to D/L was a consequence of that kind of result being produced by the method that was there at that time...

----------

D/L was first used in 1996... The incident you mentioned happened in 1992

----------

Against India he promoted Nasir , today the captain Rahim walks out himself at No.4 ...

----------

Tamim and Shakib are the only 2 good players they have. Others are just for completing the squad. I still don't see Bangladesh winning this one, though I really want them to.
Nasir is proving to be Bangladesh's answer to Kohli - In whatever little games he has played

Mahmadullah, Rahim have shown they can play useful knocks... Razzak has been a strangling bowler.. Seamers & other batsmen are average.. But they do make up a decent ODI squad.. On home conditions, they are a real threat ...

----------

41/3 ... @agantuk - I feel they have depth till No.7 to chase down this target... So SL need to knock down 6 under 150 .. if they have to be sure of a win...

Sri Lanka was like this only till 1996 ... But a couple of tactical changes (Jayasuriya, Kalu opening - Batting deep - Mahanama at No.7), and a couple of good new players coming through well - Vaas, Murali ... changed everything .. And with more good players - Sanga, Jayawardene etc doing good - They evolved as a threat, first in home conditions & then else where... Critics of Bangladesh tend to forget that the Lankans were in the same/similarly territory for a decade & incidentally its a decade that Bangladesh have been in this stage...

There are two routes - The SL way or the ZIM way... At the moment to me , they seem heading the SL way...

----------

70/3 in 11 .... Thats a blazing start

So..we are basically messed up right now....I don't think we are gonna get into the Finals now!!Anyone with me ??

I would say Bangladesh chances are 70-30 ... Even if 1-2 wickets go down, the start they have given will allow them settle in the next 20 overs & go for it the last 10

Hmmm... :|Its hard/late for SL to turn the tables now....India chased 330 against Pakistan...but they lost a freaking match against bangladesh..which was a decent target to defend!!

Nothing abnormal - Happens across the world , that you root another team , just because they are in a position to help your team qualify

Even though I am happy we won the World Cup - Was never a fan of the knockout style - The 1992 & 1999 formats were the ideal ones to judge the best teams.

even though it happens across the world . .we happen to be the defending champions of this series . .we cannot afford to loose and depend on other teams to get into the finals :)

It's good for team India.They don't deserve to be in the finals as they lack quality bowlers and also they can't just win every match by just batting.It is clearly seen that when they chase they win most of the matches but when they defend a total they always struggle...why? because they don't have a quality bowling line up who can rip through the opposition batsmen and take 10 wickets or even contain them and eventually win matches.

Well the Pakistani bowlers are bad as well then! They too cudnt defend a total of 330!

Back