A thread on BSNL Uptime

• Thread starter Thread starter humblefool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 3,275
ISP
BSNL
I have been running a RIPE ATLAS software [1] probe on my home server since 29th June. I am amazed to see the uptime of the BSNL connection. Even though BSNL has a bad reputation but when it works it just works unless someone has cut the wire while digging roads. I want to believe that BSNL has good engineers who work hard. I want to see BSNL succeed and hope one day it will.
1594460668154.webp

1594460681897.webp

[1]Jamesits/docker-ripe-atlas

Reserved for Update after a Month

@ps111193 Interesting Take. Working on a script to log speed. FYI currently on 50mbps 600GB plan and I do speed check daily. Consistently have got full speed this month. Not sure if this is a fluke.

most of time i get download between 10-20Mbps and upload is above 50Mbps

@ps111193 Interesting Take. Working on a script to log speed. FYI currently on 50mbps 600GB plan and I do speed check daily. Consistently have got full speed this month. Not sure if this is a fluke.
@humblefool Checkout frdmn/docker-speedtest-grafana, it runs speed test (uses speedtest-cli) against a local server selected based on ping and visualizes in a Grafana dashboard. The script can be customized to run speed tests against a particular server or multiple servers.

@Anurag Bhatia Thank you. I wasn't aware you were active on this forum. Actually you helped me with the details of setting up RIPE on Twitter.

@Gokul Kannan Installing it today night. This would actually provide a lot of information. What interval would you suggest?

Please let me know what servers I should run speed tests to apart from Local Indian servers.

Back