About tamil channels and how sun tv succeded

Yes i read this news today morning in indiatelevisiona and the same news is posted in one of the section............ I am happy on this and i welcome the decision of TRAI.........

What the above news means its not the end of Kalaignar TV but certainly end of Arasu cable corporation...Now stopping political parties from having their own channel is a serious problem for Kalaignar TV and Jaya TV both of them run on party fund....Kalaignar TV is private limited which means its privately owned by someone and DMK will be given 3 years to exit their stake in kalaignar TV and what it would mean is that stakes should be owned by individuals who are in the political party...Well that sounds baffling especially we saw someone like a blood relative of Karuanidhi was thrown out overnight...What will happen if it is with a third party say an Azhagiri who was expelled from the party for anti party activities during 2001 elections..He may sell his stake at throw away prices and that would end the TV itself... But tell you what this is just a recomendation by TRAI need not be accepted as such....But the problem is I&B is directly managed by the Prime minister which is another bad news.... This is a death knell for Arasu cable and Sun TV is going to have a blast because of this as it will lose most of its competitors...When political parties should not have own televsion network so there should be no monopoly as well...In future DMK and Maran's may have a patch up and that will not sound good for democracy...However the existing setup can continue smoothly with the party selling its stake to someone...But who will be the buyer...DMK is going to be snubbed by the court for the First cum first service spectrum issue.... What a pity none of them are supportin Raja including the prime minister who was forced by various editorials and media pressure....Raja brushed the issue by saying he followed what his predecessors did but he did not know that his predecessor Pramod Mahajan in 2001 had conducted a multilevel process to ensure enough competition...When Swan sold its stake I did not care much about it since it was one off case...But bad times come together for Raja and thats when real estate major Unitech was struggling for cash and they were cash starve that another day of trading meant that they would have become bankrupt...They were forced to hive off their telecom business and they found Telenor ready to buy the stake...Man -o Man their stake raised 100% in a week...And Raja was strangulated in this even though he may have less part in it...This is one possiblity..Another possiblity is considering the past of DMK and Raja and all other politcal parties for that matter there might be some funds transfer to someone close to DMK...Now who is that person and how to find it...We are yet to frame Quattrochi and the Bofors trail...But that issue had done enough political damage to congress so much so that they got 191 seats only after getting 400+ seats in the previous election... Imagine during the election if all the politcal parties take this issue on hand how will Raja defend himself..Do you think Kalaignar TV will save his face...You must be joking...May be karunanidhi will try to play the caste card by saying Raja is a dalit which he did in 2004 to create sympathy...2009 is a different story where you have Karunanidhi struggling with his ailing health...You have a rejuvenated JJ who often surprises everyone by her comebacks like she did in 2001 when she was even barred from contesting elections... You have a Vijaykanth who looks solid and will defenitely trouble DMK more than ADMK unlike last time because this time DMK does not have an alliance as strong as before...TR Baalu wooing Ramdoss is not a pretty sight...And add to it their plans to open a new news channel will become little difficult considering the TRAI recommendation...

I dont think any channel will be closed down so sooner in India and that will not happen too..........but i believe Arasu cable will be closed down very soon...........as they might be making only losses.........

I dont think any channel will be closed down so sooner in India and that will not happen too..........but i believe Arasu cable will be closed down very soon...........as they might be making only losses.........

channel will not be closed but converting black money to white money is difficult..Tell u what, suppose if someone buys he needs big money to compete and continue to buy movies at the rate they buy now...21 crores for a Surya movie in a world there is credit crunch..Well its an unimaginable risk...

nowadays sunmusic not telecasting some major movie songs lik

1.kuselan
2.daham dhoom
3.seval
4.aegan
5.varanam ayiramam
:@

Just now got this info....
CHENNAI: Kalaignar [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]TV[/COLOR][/COLOR], the new Tamil entertainment channel that was announced with much fanfare at the peak of the tensions between TN chief
minister Karunanidhi, DMK party and the Maran brothers, is owned by Karunanidhi family members and friends.

While the CM’s wife MK Dayalu owns 60% in Kalaignar TV, the new company formed to launch the proposed channel, his daughter and Rajya Sabaha member Kanimozhi owns 20%. In fact, contrary to their oft repeated claims, Raj TV promoters do not have any equity stake in the new entity, according to documents furnished before the registrar of companies (ROC) in Chennai.

The stockholding pattern, documents for which are available with ET, clearly shows that just three stakeholders hold the entire 100% equity in the new company, incorporated on June ’06. The third promoter is Mr Sharad Kumar, who was earlier a stakeholder in Gemini TV and Udaya TV, and will hold the balance 20% stake in Kalaignar TV. The channel is scheduled to go on air on August 15.

It may be noted that M K Dayalu was earlier a 5.75% stake holder in Sun TV, owned by Kalanithi Maran. The stake was acquired by Mr Maran in October, 2005, after which the company went ahead with an IPO in April, 2006.

The new company, Kalaignar TV Private Limited, has an authorised share capital of Rs one crore, comprising 10 lakh shares of a face value of Rs 10 each. However, the subscribed capital of the company is a mere Rs one lakh, with the three stakeholders - MK Dayalu, Kanimozhi Karunanidhi and Sharad Kumar subscribing to 6,000, 2000 and 2,000 equity shares, respectively.

The development is likely to be seen as a set back for the promoters of Raj TV, who went to town repeatedly with their claims on Kalaignar TV. In fact, Raj Television Network, the listed entity of the group, had informed the BSE about its plans to launch two new channels, including Kalaignar TV. Efforts to contact Mr M Raajhendhran, CMD of Raj Television Network, proved futile.

As ET had reported earlier, Raj TV is now likely to end up merely providing the uplinking facility for the new channel through their teleport and receive a fee for the same, which would work out to a few lakh rupees per annum.

The latest development also throws up an interesting question. If Raj TV is not part of the promoter group of the new company, then who has been funding the acquisition of [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]satellite[/COLOR][/COLOR] rights of several of the new [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]films[/COLOR][/COLOR] that was being picked up on behalf of Kalaignar TV, even before the new company was incorporated?

According to sources and media reports, the satellite rights for several of the recent hits like ‘Mozhi’, ‘Paruthiveeran’, ‘Imsai Arasan ....’, ‘Veyil’, as well as some of the yet-to-be released big ones like ‘Sivaji’ and ‘Dasavatharam’, have already been picked up on behalf of the new channel. The list also includes films like ‘Tirupathi’, ‘Sillunu Oru Kaadhal’, ‘Guru’ and ‘Muni’.

I think they havent got permission to telecast those movie songs in sun music.Not only that u cant able to enjoy good song from Vaarnam ayiramam :wall:.Isaiaruvi is gaining momentum:(.I think after some point of time sun music will telecast only the songs from their own production ie.sun pictures:wall::rofl:One more think yesterday i saw Vaarnam ayiramam video song in SS music.I am having 1 doubt the film got released today but how come SS music showed video song of Vaarnam ayiramam which is not even released yesterday:huh::O

channel will not be closed but converting black money to white money is difficult..Tell u what, suppose if someone buys he needs big money to compete and continue to buy movies at the rate they buy now...21 crores for a Surya movie in a world there is credit crunch..Well its an unimaginable risk...
I agree with you my friend:thumb:

One more think yesterday i saw Vaarnam ayiramam video song in SS music.I am having 1 doubt the film got released today but how come SS music showed video song of Vaarnam ayiramam which is not even released yesterday:huh::O
I have one full song of Varnam Ayiramam song in Channel V many times as well as in Gemini TV too for the past 1 week...........i dont remember the song but the song is between surya and sameera reddy..........

final sun tv has following movies left on festival season

1.gajini
2.vel
3.something something
4.pollathavan
5.deepavali
6.pokkri
7.ATM
8.kreedom
9.bheema
10.sathyam
11.santhosh subramanium
12.yaradee nee mohini
13.unnalee unnalee(i think)
14.kanthaswamy

kalaignar tv:
1.shivaji
2.dasavathar
3.aegan
4.seval
5.varnam aryiram
6.saroja
7.kuselan
8.dhaam dhoom
9.raman theethiya seethai
10.silambattam
kalaignar tv made agreement with ayangran & moserbaer for telecast movies on tv:wall:

i lik to see major actor(Rajini,kamal,vijay,ajith,surya,vikram,danush,shimbu) movies in sun tv.......but sun tv missing these actors movies recent years:wall:

Back