• Thread starter Thread starter techfreek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 17,815

techfreek

Senior
ISP
Beam Fiber
Act broadband is new player who is currently providing internet Through FTTH Technology in the areas of Bangalore! :urock:

The Tariff plans are:
1mbps till 15gb and then 256kbps - RS 599.
2mbps till 25gb and then 512kbps - RS 849.
5mbps till 35gb and then 512kbps - RS 999.:wink:

ACT Broadband

Looks good let me check more but FUP........
Oh Gods/.....

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

It is surprising ... no more tariff and even though they offer fiber....Looks like company is just about to start I mean new at field.

They can at least increase the cap from 512kbps to 1Mbps, since this is the speed thats going to be there for the most part.For a heavy downloader the 5Mbps will not even last a few days. Downloading at 5Mbps you will finish your quota with in 16 hours.

as days go by if customer base increases they can also offer greater post fup speeds. The thing is higher they buy the bandwidth the more discounts they get..

sadly they dont provide in my area :(

OP Was right that Beam Fiber is under ACT Television. But mg however declined it in Some threads

I said I didn't know. The company directors etc are all different and as far as network resources are concerned they seemed separate. However even that doesn't have to mean they're not a subsidiary or something.

Also, not sure that this would be FTTH, but more likely FTTB - the same as Beam is offering in Hyderabad. FTTH CPEs would be too cost prohibitive.

ACT is my cable TV provider and they provide a digital tv service. Much cheaper than Tata Sky close to half the cost with an annual subscription.This internet offering i suspect will be over the same coaxial cables or along with them. Earlier ACT used to provide the signal to local cablewallahs and then went digital and got all these guys to join them. Even though the internet prices are enticing, my tv cable comes over the trees whereas my airtel connection is underground protected in steel sheathed reinforced cable.I know enough from previous cable experience that to have a reliable internet connection, going over trees isn't going to cut it. As it is i get this 'Signal not found' message often enough just watching TV. Some repeater got disconnected or something. And these ACT ppl have the cheek to poke fun at DTH providers for not being able to provide reliable service during heavy rain. Saw the msgs in the info section of my settop box.Reliability of this service is going to be questionable thats why you see the enticing prices. If their cables were underground then it would be a steal but over the trees isn't going to make me switch. Not by a long shot.In any case i prefer to keep telephone, internet & tv on different providers and will not merge them as this provides hte best VFM & choice. Ain't falling for airtel's triple play nonsense :)

In any case i prefer to keep telephone, internet & tv on different providers and will not merge them

...unless you get some sweet, juicy underground fiber?

as this provides hte best VFM & choice. Ain't falling for airtel's triple play nonsense :)

Triple play is supposed to give the best value for money... at least it does in most countries.

Back