Advice on Digital Camera

• Thread starter Thread starter teftar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,312

teftar

ISP
bsnl
Hi Guys i am thinking about getting a new digital camera. Since i am a noob when it comes to photography surfed the web and came to settle on two camera models which are follows1) Cannon Powershot SX 30IS2) Nikon Coolpix P500I am leaning towards the Powershot SX 30IS. It is available for decent price at letsbuy. Now i will come to second part of my question at letsbuy i see that they are offering extended warranty so guys what do you think about this extended warranty is it any good?Awaiting your valuable advice.Thank You.

ah well. canon and nikon are both good. since you have decided with canon, go ahead with it. extended warranties can come handy because digital cameras are complicated things. and if things go wrong, you are well advised to go to the authorized service stations.

Canon cameras are great....But still u must check out Fujifilm and polaroid cameras...These cameras are available for a price less than canon and Sony but still have great features and image quality.....

I would advise Canon. You can register on the Canon Website for extended warranty after you buy the camera. The IS (Image Stabilization) makes all the difference in the photos, especially if you have jittery hands!

Thank you for the Advice guys.@raman_286I did checked the Fuji Film ones but they lack the sheer zooming power of canon or nikon.I think i would get the Canon.

Go ahead..!!! and do tell us about your experience with the camera.....I am also thinking of buying a new digicam....Also one thing I have noticed is that people are crazy for the mega pixel count and the reality is that for most home users a 6 to 8 MP camera is enough..Its the quality of image sensor which makes the difference...What do you say guys..??

In cameras, i just know that about 8 MP is slitely more than enough, and that never fall for Digital Zoom count. Optical zoom is what matters.But apart from this, i am not knowing what are the other things to be kept in mind. I read about the image sensor here. What is termed as "Good" when evaluating that?

Back