Airtel Ads

• Thread starter Thread starter swatkats
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,363
ISP
Act Fibernet
Bharti Airtel Ltd has launched an advertising platform which will connect brands to customers, the Sunil Mittal-led telecom operator said in a statement on Wednesday.

The platform, Airtel Ads, allows brands to curate consent-based and safe campaigns for subscribers of the telco, it said. Airtel has over 320 million customers across businesses - mobile, direct-to-home (DTH) and homes.

"For instance, let’s say you come on Airtel Thanks app for a recharge, and you see Zomato’s offer of a 40% discount. We take that Zomato offer and present it to you while you are doing the transaction.

Taking inspiration from Facebook..

this explains the number of ads that started appearing on the airtel thanks app. i imagine the same would happen on their xstream box and sticks. remains to be seen if they would also start injecting ads in insecure web traffic. they already put ads on blocked pages.

Getting ads on Wynk Music both on the Music player page and soon as a music finishes. Not a good experience. Airtel Xstream also showing banners .
Should search for another app now

this explains the number of ads that started appearing on the airtel thanks app. i imagine the same would happen on their xstream box and sticks. remains to be seen if they would also start injecting ads in insecure web traffic. they already put ads on blocked pages.
use adguard on every device

Yesterday when I restarted DTH STB by Mains Power, there was full screen static advert after power ON for few seconds. Earlier I guess some Airtel screen was displayed.
Channel banners also displays some adverts, but they were there earlier as well showing small image of some new channels/shows. Now I guess any adverts not related to channels/shows would be shown in that banner.

yup. this is a bad sign. airtel simply does not have the reach of google or facebook. so it's likely that they would push these ads on their own range of services extensively in coming days. to get a wider reach, they would have to launch a similar platform like google ads where third party services would incorporate their code into their own apps and platforms. i really don't know why airtel is getting into the ad business.

Back