Airtel BB Down for the last 5 days.

But I will say, airtel technicians have access to some diagnostics info. A few weeks back I was out of the city and my dad called me as the internet was not working. I called up the local tech, he checked in his system and told me your ONT is switched off.
I asked my dad to check, and he found the ONT was indeed off. The maid went to clean and by mistake switched it off.

Suppose if I upgrade my Airtel plan from 40 Mbps to 1 Gbps will the connection go down for few seconds or the upgrade is seamless? On excitel if someone upgrades the plan the connection goes away for a few seconds just after 12 AM & it comes back again with upgraded speeds. Is manual OLT configuration needed for plan upgradation? Doesn't matter who the ISP is excitel or Airtel....
I guess airtel going through some technical issues at their end.. recently whatever request given(except safe-custody) it took several days to complete and that even after some escalations. Change of plan to 1 Gbps took one week and then change of router to Dasan took another 3-4 days. Again static IP request took additional one week(and i had to go through pg-portal complaint route for this). Airtel experience twitter support is just useless.

This was not the case earlier, i remember change of plan from 300 to 200 mbps took just few mins or so.

@smnrock upgrading to 1 Gbps can take a long time in my case 15 days (!!!). The reason they gave is they need to assess if that area can actually serve that speed and of course to source the uncommon Dasan router. I had to escalate via calls and Twitter..they're pretty slow though they give you assurances it will be solved soon. :( Static IP took 4 days in my case. Don't know why.

After the system upgrade last month they called to ask me if I wanted to go back to the 1 G plan I said no thanks.

Maybe things are better now in tier 1 cities incl. Pune Hyderabad Bangalore and Ahmedabad but I won't know for sure till I ask for an upgrade to see if things have really improved. Will take a call today as I need to renew the subs tomorrow. :D

Don't know if it's worth paying for 1Gbps yet, 200-300Mbps is still a good spot if you want good speeds internationally and domestically before it starts throttling the PC itself.
Most Indian ISPs can't even do 100Mbps properly.

I agree the pricing @ 1 gig is much higher than I want to pay it comes to about Rs 47xx/mth. At least TPBB gives an 'upgrade' discount. Airtel? Fat chance!

In India the 1Gbps plan price to performance is really poor. In some countries they get 10 Gbps for 35 Dollars a month... Even our neighbour (Nepal) recently got 1 Gbps for just INR 2000₹ per month. Seeing that the Indian pricing seems too much. Their 650 Mbps is just 1100₹ man I would love that price here too 😁

Back