Airtel BB Down for the last 5 days.

I've heard Airtel's system automatically creates a ticket when it detects a problem or disconnection. Is this true?
yes. it does. I have had a first-hand experience with it in Bangalore 2 years back.

The connection has been restored today(28 June) at around 6.30 pm, apparently, the situation got really worse and they had to call Airtel tier 1 engineers to fix it.
Later a new PLC splitter box was put in to recorrect the power issue of the building and done.
The issue was in effect to a group of buildings that might have a common fiber connection connected in, I'm guessing would be a ring topology.
Airtel has promised the broadband charges will be waived off for 7 days on the bill, let's see.

Airtel will add some money ...

I have some strange experience with airtel. Sometimes they come in just 2 hours of logging SR and other times they don't even bother for a few days. Once when they did not contact me for 2 - 3 days I escalated and the person from customer experience team added to the insult saying that the SR gets closed automatically after 15 days!!
Once I was so impressed that a guy who came to fix a problem of another user in same building also attended my request of fiber cut even before I raised an SR and did the splicing immediately without me logging any SR just because he was present in the building.

Because I was not the sole customer who was experiencing the issue, the entire grid was down and after fixing one thing another issue used to arise. Due to this, the local team finally gave up and had to call up the TAC team.
And the engineer with whom I was on a talk-to-talk basis was on vacation.

So this chap from Airtel called me and uttered the same spiel that they did last time about 1 gig...I told him no not interested he said "Sir please aap try toh karo! Is baar aapko speed milegi" I said ok I'll try it for a month max because TBH I cannot justify spending nearly Rs 5K/month for 1 connection. So the bloke says it'll be done in 24 hrs. Dunno why it takes that long but nevertheless. Will they change my ONT to Dasan? Let's see. Hope I am not disappointed again.

Back