Airtel BB Down for the last 5 days.

Jio received permission to install cables in my colony back in Apr but it got delayed due to some infra issue i.e. a tower relocation on the main road near my place. Rep said 2 more months but I feel it may be much more. So I am not holding my breath.

Airtel? Yeah a REAL bloody bunch of slow pokes. Deja vu 2021 :unsure:

They also told me 2 months, back in September 2021, got live in April 2022

They told me 4 months back in Dec 2018, now in June 2022, Finally got one connection.

Really expecting Airtel to expand sooner, I'm more than willing to get a connection from them as soon they will be available in my locality.

Last edited:
@nishantt6969 I have had Jiofiber 1G for a month, it suffers from the same issue as most providers and does not sustain more than 120-300Mbps internationally. And unless you get a knowledgable customer spokesperson it always is usual to and fro where they blame the customer and if by luck you get to the right end and the issue gets fixed, it again gets worse in a few days.
If you want a good 1G, airtel or tata would be a better idea.

Last edited:
@Lolita_Magnum I thought reliance had good international bandwidth as they have their own undersea cables. But what if it is Airtel vs Tata?

Tata Play vs Airtel which will give better international speeds on 1 Gig?

Their words, "No one in JioFiber actually opts for higher than 150Mbps connections, so they have no reason to optimize the connection for it. I'd suggest you go for a business plan if you need 1Gbps".
Undersea cable has nothing to do with this, either airtel or tata is fine.
We have a 10G lease line from Blazenet in our office, it works just fine. They mostly use Sify for us.

@Lolita_Magnum Just wondering, how much a 10G leased line costs per month? And can we specifically ask for transit from a specific provider, instead of whatever they are giving?

Transit? No, but you can provide the IPs you are connecting and they can tweak the routing to be in the SLA. Like spectranet leased line had SLA of 300ms to anywhere in US. This is info is from 2014.

@Lolita_Magnum Just wondering, how much a 10G leased line costs per month? And can we specifically ask for transit from a specific provider, instead of whatever they are giving?
1G might be around 18-20 lakhs as per an invoice I saw of a college lease line. Why 18-25 is due to the contract period the customer takes. More contract period makes the price reasonable

Note :- Publicly available document

Last edited:

Back