Airtel Broadband Billing Problem Redux (Stores are closed. Customer support is not available!)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,248
Few jio stores in chennai were open last week but we are under strict lockdown this week so nothing is operating here.
Airtel stores were never open since beginning of the lockdown, I had to get my dad's sim card replaced which was done by neighborhood recharge guy.

Here jio store is opening every day for 4hours even on Sunday

So airtel has shut down stores and customer service doesn't have any staff.

try calling 198. you should get to speak to customer care executive under broadband->billing related issues sub menu. be prepared to call multiple times as most of the time you get all executives are currently busy message. if you get "your expected waiting time is..." message you are lucky, after a long waiting time you will eventually get connected.

I would probably wait for a few days for their system to generate the new bill. And keep pinging them on Twitter. They are clearly responding to tweets. Just not mine for a few weeks now 😌

Jio got their CS staff working remote but the experience is pathetic because they have not been updated with new information and their training is also really bad.

@Sushubh if customer support on Twitter is not responding then you can raise a complaint (service request) by doing the following st:

1. download new airtel xstream fiber app from google play store as its only build for android and not having any ios build :)
2. Link :Airtel Xstream Fiber – Apps on Google Play
3. Register on it. (Yes you need to register because airtel website account credentials don’t work on it)
4. Run diagnosis from it. Make sure it is connected on airtel broadband.
5. it will say that connection working fine and then will provide an option to raise a service request.
6. after raising SR, airtel executive will call you in few hours.
7. Explain your issue to that executive

and yes its airtel’s official app for broadband users.

so looks like they fixed it at their end today. just checked before trying the new app.

Mm78UIb.jpg

Back