Airtel Broadband in Gurgaon Madness! :D

• Thread starter Thread starter adroit_raj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 33,413
Anything less than 250 GB would be ridiculous. But this makes a mockery of MTNL's earlier venture of 'very high speed' internet at 20Mbps for 9K

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

It's 200 GB. That's what the Hindustan Times link states. Not bad.

The company will offer 50 Mbps Internet speed at Rs 8,999 per month, with free data transfer up to 200 GB and additional free value added services (VAS) like parallel ringing, website builder (basic), antivirus software, online storage and unlimited gaming on games on demand. The 7,999 plan would have the same offerings at 30 mbps broadband speed.

100GB looks more like it. anything more would be surprising. :)

looking at their newer plans with high speeds... it does not look like they would provide a decent data transfer limit. :D

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

free data transfer up to 200 GB

i do not understand this language. the wordings should be 200GB is included in the package. its not like they are doing us a favor by providing 'free' data transfer along with the package. it's included IN THE Package. :D

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
i do not understand this language. the wordings should be 200GB is included in the package. its not like they are doing us a favor by providing 'free' data transfer along with the package. it's included IN THE Package. :D

LoL...exactly my thoughts.

BLOODY BUGGERS.... they're not able to provide unlimited internet and they expect us to believe in 50Mbps. ROFL Airtel, concentrate on making 4-8 Mbps the norm before your "My speed is more than yours" competition with MTNL.

these are the kind of packages which makes me like the hayai's concept of providing broadband services in india (though they are missing from action even three months after the official launch!). either charge for the speeds. or for bandwidth. airtel here is charging for both speeds and bandwidth. if in the end you are yourself going to pay for per GB of data transfer... they restrict your customers to speed based packages?

how are they providing this ? i dont think even VDSL is that fast , has to be fiber.

EDIT : Apparently it is , VDSL or VHDSL (Very High Bitrate DSL is a DSL technology providing faster data transmission (up to 52 Mbps downstream and 16 Mbps upstream)

VDSL2 deteriorates quickly from a theoretical maximum of 250 Mbit/s at 'source' to 100 Mbit/s at 0.5 km (1640 ft) and 50 Mbit/s at 1 km (3280 ft), but degrades at a much slower rate from there, and still outperforms VDSL. Starting from 1.6 km (1 mile) its performance is equal to ADSL2+.

Ultimately Adsl is fail .

Back