Airtel Broadband in Gurgaon Madness! :D

• Thread starter Thread starter adroit_raj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 33,413
52 wud be theoretical limit, practically it may get slower as distance increase. but then VDSL may be taking care of distance, so no idea, 50 may be possible.

nice to know its fup is 200gb,else seeing airtel policies one may find ,one day they launched 100mbps plan for 2000Rs with fub of 100mb

One way how these high speeds are achieved over DSL is by distributing the DSLAM's over a fibre optic backbone laid out through out the city ...they are kinda remote DSLAM's not co-located in the exchange..thats how i have seen it being implemented in Hong Kong..wonder if Airtel will opt for this kinda setup..but then HKG apartments/house's have the added advantage of having cat 5e/6 cable even for telephone wiring..which helps in achieving higher VDSL/2+ speeds without interference that single copper pair wiring is subject to..

About 10 days back a airtel engineer who had come to change my modem told me taht they are currently testing 60 mbps speed using alcatel modems but torrents were not working at this speed, they probably used public torrent trackers.

hehe. airtel testing torrents. that's funny. :D

After including the service tax, cost per GB is about Rs 50 and it looks like yet another attempt by Airtel of robbery in broad daylight.

Back