Airtel Broadband: Is this offer possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yramakrishnan

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi all ! I have been using Airtel BB , plan Turbo 256 for the past 2 yrs or so. Yesterday evening i got a call from Airtel, Bangalore [ Am in Chennai ] and a guy told me that i can upgrade my bandwidth to 2MBPS [ currently its 256 kBps ] with an extra rent of Rs 250. The other features of my plan remains same.

My current plan :

Name : Turbo 256
Bandwidth : 256 kBps
Rent : Rs. 249 + Rs. 50 ( for night unlimited ) + Tax
Day Time Usage : 400 mb per month
Unlimited Usage : 9 pm to 8 am
Free calls : For the first 6 months , i got free talk time worth Rs. 110 every month. Now nothing.

The plan that guy offered yesterday :

Name :
Bandwidth : 2 Mbps
Rent : Rs. 499 + Rs. 50 [ For night Unlimited ] + Tax
Day Time Usage : 1 Gb per month
Unlimited Usage : 9 pm to 8 am
Free Calls : Rs. 200 worth calls . Every call will be charged at Re.1 per min anywhere across India . .

I was so excited about this irresistible offer. As i could not book it without confirming wit my parents, i asked him to call me today for confirmation.

BUT , when i contacted the Customer Care y'day night, they told that there is a similar plan ( which is not an offer ) and the only diff is that there is NO UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS. I am a bit upset now. It took nearly an hour for me to convince my parents to get the nod. But without unlimited downloads, this plan doesn't attract me enough.

When i asked the customer care guy that whether there is any possibility for me being offered such a plan as a promo, he said No .

Now am confused whether to believe the person who called me yesterday eve or not. I am not sure whether he wil call me back this evening.

Did any of you get such offer ? Shall i believe ?

confirm by email to CC. I was told old plans will lapse, when i wanted to "TOP UP" with a 2 Mbps speed etc. I too have Free night download ( Rs 250/=+ Rs 99/= )and Airtel has continued old tariff plan/s for old users. The moment you change you will loose Free Night usage.. I think now there is NO FREE night download , but H24 plan at speed of 256Kbps. ALWAYS check in WEBsite ,or circular issued by Airtel with your printed bill.The agents will promise anything to get their commission. Even if you recommend you get some gift, if two persons get BB connection through you ,

Well.. This evening he called me again. I told him that i want to see the tariff before confirming. He then sent me the following mail.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please find the attached Airtel Tariff Details as per your request.

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=6ae8f473d7&attid=0.1&disp=emb&view=att&th=11c5187f03686efb

+ Rs 99/- for night unlimted Broad band usage.

Warm greetings from the team at Airtel tele media Services,

Thank you for using Airtel Broad band & Telephone Services and being our esteemed customer, we are pleased to inform that we are
offering you a scheme where you can make per your convenience.

Thanks & Regards,
Airtel Tele-Media Services
And i will be provided the night unlimited BB usage for Rs.49 since i am getting that privilege for 49.

But i forgot to ask him abt the timing of the Night Unlimited BB Usage. I think in Airtel, it is from 9PM to 8AM and there won't be any change.

after clicking the link you gave and signing in
We’re sorry, but your Gmail account is currently experiencing errors. You won’t be able to use your account while these errors last, but don’t worry, your account data and messages are safe. Our engineers are working to resolve this issue.
Please try accessing your account again in a few minutes.

accessed my gmail acct. could not see airtel message details.

^ ^ ^ ^ Which link yar ? Did i post any hyperlink ?Man i think i didn't give any link in that reply ! Just copied and pasted the mail he sent me !!! :confused::confused:

you can just look at the airtel website, all plans in your state are mentioned there.

Ya its ter in the name of Home Combo 499 . But wat i got in mail is 2 Mbps Combo 499. Hope both are diff plans. Night unlimited usage is missing in Home Combo 499.

well, dont listen to this private telecom players unless u get the offer in written...coz they will change u to Combo 499 and wont give u the night unlimited option..These guys r very clever..I guess this Night unlimited plan is not profitable for them and thats y they want u to opt for some other plan.First ask the guy to send a Email..u should confirm the authenticity of the email and then only should commit into any decision.Its very difficult for me to believe that airtel will give u 2 mbps and night unlimited for that amount..dont fall prey 2 their tactics..act wisely..:cool2:

member/yramakrishnan/

unless u get the offer in written
When I asked for a 2 Mbps connection and "TOP UP" free NU at 256 Kbps ( old user ) by email Airtel said it is not possible. some time back.
You can "top up" at the same speed only I feel.
Confirm again , else you will lose the present free NU.
Better idea will be to take a new connection ! either Airtel or BSNL.
Update here please.
I am unable to surrender my Dataone at 2Mbps ( Rs 250/=PM 1 GB limit ) because of this old plan of Airtel free Nu 0900 PM - 0800AM. . retaining both .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back