Airtel Broadband: Is this offer possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm..so finally u will be on 2 Mbps night unlimited..thats great mate!!i guess it's the right time for you to order a few big hard disks.;)

CONFIRMED. will have to check up the speed during NU. after getting the existing plan changed.

@members/yramakrishnan/ THANKS for the info.
My email to Airtel.
DEAR SIRS,
will update you later and if proved true ,
I will surrender Airtel connection. after being user for three years.
Your agent vinod2.kumar@ xxxxxx etc

REPLY received this morning.
We acknowledge the receipt of your email. Please accept our sincere
apologies for the inconvenience caused and the delay.

With reference to your email below, we would like to bring to your notice
that as per Combo 499 plan - Rs.99/- monthly rental will be charged for
night free unlimited (9.pm to 8.am). Kindly confirm us on the charges so
that we can further process your request.

the cc ppl are just a bunch of morons.. i've asked them if this offer is available to ppl who rae in 256k Ul plan they replied like thank you for your interest and your plan will be changed in 3 working days.. :|

CONFIRMED. will have to check up the speed during NU. after getting the existing plan changed.

@members/yramakrishnan/ THANKS for the info.
My email to Airtel.

REPLY received this morning.

Ya this offer is TRUE.

I called the Airtel Chennai CC, they said the plan is available right now.. I asked them if the 2mbps speed is also availble in night unlimited.. they said yes. If we want to change the plan, we ll have to give a written application for the same (or) by E-mail.

Right now i am on Turbo 256 plan (NU 9 to 8). I am thinking of changing to Combo 499/- + Rs.99/- (for NU 9 to 8) plan. Thanks for the news. :)

Hmm..so finally u will be on 2 Mbps night unlimited..thats great mate!!i guess it's the right time for you to order a few big hard disks.;)

Yeah yeah. Right now i have 250 + 80 GB . Definitely it wont suffice the download i am going to do .. [/:D]

the cc ppl are just a bunch of morons.. i've asked them if this offer is available to ppl who are in 256k Ul plan they replied like thank you for your interest and your plan will be changed in 3 working days.. :|

Lol . . . But its worth a try . . . Its better to migrate to the new plan . .

Ya this offer is TRUE.

I called the Airtel Chennai CC, they said the plan is available right now.. I asked them if the 2mbps speed is also available in night unlimited.. they said yes. If we want to change the plan, we ll have to give a written application for the same (or) by E-mail.

Right now i am on Turbo 256 plan (NU 9 to 8). I am thinking of changing to Combo 499/- + Rs.99/- (for NU 9 to 8) plan. Thanks for the news. :)

So . . it means that they are extending this offer to all existing Airtel customers ?? Or only to those who are in Turbo 256 ? Have to call CC and get clarified .

@ essbebe

Great . . Every night 6-8 GB download !! Oh thats unimaginable ! In a month we wil end up downloading around 150-180 GB !!! Oh god ! :dance:

Sent an E-mail requesting the entire Combo 499/- plan details. They replied Dear Mr.xxxx,

Thank you for writing to Airtel Telemedia Services.

In reference to your below email, we would like to bring to your notice
that as per Combo 499 plan - free night unlimited timing is from 9 PM to 8
AM. Please find the plan details attached for your perusal and kindly
revert us on confirmation so that we can further process your plan
migration request.

(See attached file: Combo 499-BBN.xls)

They sent me an excel sheet for that plan. Ive attached the Pic below:

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3580/airtel499combobk0.jpg

btw, what is that BBN , is it Night unlimited? then what BBN stands for ?

So . . it means that they are extending this offer to all existing Airtel customers ?? Or only to those who are in Turbo 256 ? Have to call CC and get clarified .

I am not sure, I think it is only for Turbo 256 users.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Well ... BBN !! :confused: .. Even at my wildest guess, i can't get any [related] expansion for that. But that should not bother you . As it is clearly said that you will get that Night UL for 99, we need not break our head trying to find the expansion. :D .

Btw, i think my plan is changed now. Went for a speed check.

https://www.speedtest.net

as compared to my old speed

https://www.speedtest.net

But when i tried downloading a file from ziddu[dot]com, the maximum hut speed was 60kBps . I think its the max speed the site offers. Else, wil check downloading any file from some other site after 9 and post the speed here..

But i am disappointed by the upload speed. Its just below 100 kBps . ..Its sure that my ratio is going to get affected in many private trackers. :(

And .. One of my friend, who is currently in home 799 plus plan, approached CC and asked for this offer. They replied him that this is only for those users who currently uses 9-8 UL BB usage . So . . I request all users who use any plan with that Night Unlimited Broadband usage [ Top Up ] to approach CC , if you wish to migrate to this plan.

really great plan..They should launch a few more plans like this to the public..Rite now here in Delhi MTNL is ruling the roost..:yahoo:256 K unlimited for 599 bucks with 100 calls free..DARE to beat this Airtel!!!:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back