Airtel Broadband: miserable speeds of 22-23k constant on my 256k plan

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,546

slayer213

ISP
Airtel
Guys,this is really weird - i ve also been capped wid these miserable speeds of 22-23k constant on my 256k plan - bt a couple of days ago, i did a hard reset of the modem, ie took out the grey usb wire, plugged it back in n woah - cant believe - i m getting 250-260k dwld speeds bt ya the bad part is - it only lasted for about half an hour. However, now comes the weird part - i did this hard reset again n 2 my surprise i again got the same whooping speeds!the only downside is it only last for 30-35 mins - bt wt the heck, i can keep doin this again n again, i dont mind :) bt wt i am curious about is, has anybody else experienced this or is it just happening wid me? aah guess wot just got back 2 pathetic 22-23k again, guess i ll hv 2 dc again ;-)

Yup.. im getting the same.. and you just need to switch off the router, then switch it on again, and the speed comes back :)

wth, i got once (that too for ~5mins). but then when i again pulled back usb cord and plugged back in, nothing happened..??! shud i pull back cord or shud i switch off router? coz kalpik's statement contradict slayer's..

Let me add more contradiction to that then, :P i just disconnect the Dialed connection and reconnect and get higher speeds. How can you relate the statements being made about a USB modem to that of an Ethernet Modem? they will be different, they work differently. Even in my case, i use an Ethernet mode, just use it in Bridged mode. ;)

Back