MTNL Broadband: Miserable speeds on a 512k line

• Thread starter Thread starter shaunak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 7,442
low snr means poor line quality . also check the splitter

Thanks but there is no disturbance and the voice reception is very clear. I don't have a parallel line either.

@avidwatcher and @shaunak - call 198 and complain. there will be some option for frequent disconnection. Go with that.At some point they will call and ask if all is ok. Make sure you tell them it is not. Also call 1504 and if you are persistent, they will give you a couple of contact numbers at you local exchange. Next pester those guys.

@avidwatcher and @shaunak - call 198 and complain. there will be some option for frequent disconnection. Go with that.
At some point they will call and ask if all is ok. Make sure you tell them it is not. Also call 1504 and if you are persistent, they will give you a couple of contact numbers at you local exchange. Next pester those guys.

Been there, done that. Its due to ED / GM escalation that I at least got better service compared to the initial frustrating times. It was too stressful though, since they repeatedly call to check how are things but work slower than a snail to get work done.

Now what, approach Anna Hazare to get this solved? :D

Anyway, will complain once again and reapproach the guys again.

Been there, done that. Its due to ED / GM escalation that I at least got better service compared to the initial frustrating times. It was too stressful though, since they repeatedly call to check how are things but work slower than a snail to get work done.

Now what, approach Anna Hazare to get this solved? :D

Anyway, will complain once again and reapproach the guys again.
u will have to visit in person. dats wat i just did.
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/67381-mtnl-broadband-2mbps-free-unlimited/post481599/#post481599

For your info, I visited in person before I escalated to the GM / ED. Visiting them was my first step.

Painful experience man. I am seriously contemplating switching to Airtel Broadband. I envy my friend who never faces downtimes and is nice to see him cruising at 4 mbps. The only downside there is FUPs of 6 GB and for the slightly more expensive plan is 25 GB in Mumbai.

u will have to visit in person. dats wat i just did.
https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/67381-mtnl-broadband-2mbps-free-unlimited/post481599/#post481599

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

@avidwatcher and @shaunak - call 198 and complain. there will be some option for frequent disconnection. Go with that.
At some point they will call and ask if all is ok. Make sure you tell them it is not. Also call 1504 and if you are persistent, they will give you a couple of contact numbers at you local exchange. Next pester those guys.

Thanks for the info. No one answers call on those couple of contact numbers. Forgot to mention..on my previous personal visit they were discussing their salary break-up right in front of my eyes without resolving my complaint first. Typical laid back approach.

Earlier today I was facing disconnections every 2 minutes and speeds slower than dial-up. Now slightly better but won't last long for sure.

Guess MTNL and poor service always go hand-in-hand :(

@avidwatcher.. check if fivenet provides in ur area. from what i have heard its plans are much cheaper and better than airtel.

^ Yeah Fivenet is good but the trouble is they supply through the cablewalla. Two problems with that. Firstly, the cabelwalla has his own favourite upline and he may not want to switch to Fivenet as in my area. Second issue is that even if your cablewalla condescends to supply you Fivenet, the price will be quoted by the cablewalla. This price has no relationship with the price Fivenet publishes.

Back