Airtel Broadband: Self Care says User Name and Password Wrong

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 22,777
No still its not working completely and the data shown is also not relevant to the subscribed plan, at least on their site they should have the courtesy to mention the same instead of creating confusion and harassment.

Nice to know i am not the only one facing the difficulty. Everyday someone from Airtel calls me and assures me that it should be fine by that evening...but its been a month since i can successfully login to that portal..

^^ Am sick of these people. I forward the complaint and a gal calls me up. She says no problem on Airtel side. She suggests i change my password/browser/ISP/OS etc etc. What am i to reply, when i hear such a blunt reply? She hangs up saying she will look into it. A few hours later the same gal calls me up, asks me to check again. I say i cannot login. She hangs up the phone (and i can clearly make out from her voice that she is herself shocked !!) For the past few days the same gal has been calling me and the saga goes on. I am (seriously) thinking of dating this gal (she knows so much about me by now, my work schedule, when i am free, when i am busy etc etc) and discussing this issue with her over dinner or something else like that... And i keep u guys posted over the inability to login/dating her part !! ;)

Guys I checked with CC. The CC girl told me that old registrations are obsolete now, that is why my login ID is not working. She asked me to apply for a new registration via a form which requires a photo as well as Photo ID proof! She sent me the form through email. She told me to print the form and submit the filled form to either Airtel Relationship office or courier it (No drop box option!)I then checked for the new registration on "airtel.in" site itself. Guess what - that also presents the same form to be printed, filled and sent (as CC told me before)!So I have now applied for the registration today. As per form, I should be receiving a new login ID and password after 4 days.

members/cool_techie_tvm/

Send email to [email protected] ( if this is for kerala also)
and to nodal officer(see your bill ) .mention the old ID and password.
Whenever you phone CC get a complaint ref number not dating date !

For further assistance, please
· Call us at 044 - 44444121
· E-Mail us at - care.tamilnadu@airteltelephone. com
· Fax us at 044 - 42112233

@ India Broadband Forum - View Profile: r_shri Thanks for the info, but why arent they (CC) advising me something similar. They arent speaking of any forms in here. Why is that so? I took the connection in Jan 2008. So the newer connections doesnt require submission of forms again?

@ India Broadband Forum - View Profile: essbebe Thanks for the email id and the phone numbers. I have a diary filled with complaint reference numbers of Airtel. The odd part is that they close the complaints without my permission. Means they dont call me up and verify whether my complaint has been sorted out or not. Hence i tried thinking the other way round ;) :)

@ India Broadband Forum - View Profile: r_shri Thanks for the info, but why arent they (CC) advising me something similar. They arent speaking of any forms in here. Why is that so? I took the connection in Jan 2008. So the newer connections doesnt require submission of forms again?

My registration was more than an year old. At that time I simply registered through "Airtel.in" website (No forms etc). I don't know how you registered. If you didn't fill any form for selfcare registration, then my guess is that you need to register again.
It seems from the form that they are getting them filled for shielding then against any possible lawsuit citing misuse of selfcare. So they would have made it mandatory for all users.
If you can wait for 5 days, I will update you about status of new registration and whether or not it works. You can then talk to your CC citing my case accordingly.

Got a call from Nodal Officer some hours earlier. She said my account has been deleted (again) and that she has created another account for me. The username was my number itself and the password i had recieved as an sms, while talking with her. She asked me to look at the sms and divulge the password. She tried logging in using the username and password. She couldnt. She hung up stating she will be calling me again.

Wow didnt knew people of such high ranks would interact with the subscribers. Maybe its the sentimental email which i had send to her yesterday, maybe that made her call me and talk with me :)

@ India Broadband Forum - View Profile: r_shri I am ready to wait :)

Back