Airtel Broadband Speed on Demand

• Thread starter Thread starter andyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 125,760

andyz

ISP
Airtel
I am also aware that they have started such a service but haven't had any feedback from any users as to how it is and the correctness of the billing is a big issue ... unless someone uses it and comes out with a positive feedback i'm pretty skeptical and won't use it ... Also how do you revert back to your normal speeds??? Do you simply disconnect or recycle your modem's power??? Someone needs to shed some light on these questions ....

I tried to login but was not able to do. Then only saw this fine print:

The SoD service is now available for subscribers in the below mentioned cites - Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Gaziabad, Meerut, Agra, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Jaipur, Karnal, Panipat, Ambala, Kolkota, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad only.

Damn.. not for Chennai... yet

and this is a good move if they can get the billing perfect :D
but still I would only pay half the price.. tariff needs to be low

Around 700Mb can be downloaded in 1 hour so it turns out to be 120Rs for 700+Mb, now thats actually costly...........

The rates suck bigtime , its way costly plus they are charging by hour instead of total download . VSNL has same "Bandwith on demand" crap but i never tried it and customer page doesnt show charges perfectly .

yes vsnl bandwidth on demand page had confused me and i was not sure if i click it, will it first ask or activate it and directly deduct money. i had very less balance so i took a chance of clicking it and it said u dont have sufficient balance. which probably means that if i had sufficient balance it wud have deducted some amt at its will!

yah thats why i never tried it , i didn't want to deduct my account and get on lower bandwith then 2 mbps :P

Back