Airtel Broadband Speed on Demand

• Thread starter Thread starter andyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 125,756
everything back to the previous speeds now. they removed 4 mbps SOD speed for good. I think it was the problem which caused errors on SOD page for the last 3 weeks for many delhi users!

The same happened with me... spoke to the CC and asked them to arrange a call back from their senior tech team. Got a call back later in the evening and explained the issue. The guy confirmed the waiver of the amount, however, I still don't know if it'll be done or not.

They billed me too. well I emailed them. The reply was not what anyone would expect. let me quote it to you.

me
I registered for the free Speed on Demand worth Rs225 for each month. I registered on 10 July. but the usages is charged to me in my bill. The usage is counted from 18th to 22 july. As this usage should not be charged. I request you to remove this charge.

reply from airtel
However, SOD was activated and deactivated from your end only. Hence no adjustment applicable. We would like to inform that as per references number ###### your concern has been resolved.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and fruitful association with you.

me
oh god! please look into the whole matter before resolving the problem , i had registered for the free SOD usage worth rs225 or same for 5 months. It says that I will not be billed for the SOD usage if it is less than that. DO you even know that? It was registered in it on 10 july 2010 give or take 2 days. It told me that it will be activated within 7 days! I my usage is much after that. Free Broadband Speed Offer- High Speed Broadband: Airtel

I registered in the above link.

the airtel reply was the same as above!!!! Well this reply really really pissed me off. :madness::madness: Now I was out of my mind!

me
OK, Let me rephrase my question. Airtel launches a scheme which says that you can use free SOD worth Rs 225 for the following five months see this page Free Broadband Speed Offer- High Speed Broadband: Airtel .

1. We have to register for it. - I DID ON 10TH JULY
2. Its written on that page that it will be activated in 7 days - I used it post 27 July.
3. It is written on there registration page that we will only be charged for SOD usage POST Rs 225/month.( In plain English this means if your sod usage is less then 225 then it will not be billed)
4. We had to activate SOD using the page for Speed on Demand- Internet Speed on Demand: Airtel Broadband VAS
5. My SOD usage for the month of july was of Rs ### I suppose

My Question :

1. When we are told that it will not be charged and its free , than why I was charged? You are putting your point that i activated it. WELL THAT'S TRUE !! HOW ELSE WILL I BE ABLE TO AVAIL THIS OFFER OF FREE SOD USAGE.
2. Your sod page is still not working. it has been down for weeks. When will it start working again?

PS:This time please call up your seniors before mailing me back with ridiculous replies. Or please call me on my airtel mobile number ##########

waiting for a reply now...patiently..I know mine is a rare incident!! Its frustrating and amusing at the same time

:wewin: thankfully did not fell for their trap .Applied for reliance connection hopefully the sales guy comes on monday to take papers will than close airtel for good !

If they don't reply sent mail or phone with reference number to nodal officer.Whenever I had problems with customer care, they solved it quite fast.

Did u get billed for the service in the end then ? because the same things is happening to me RIGHT NOW, for a whole day ive been getting 2 mbps!

Back