Airtel Broadband Speed on Demand

• Thread starter Thread starter andyz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 164
  • Views Views 125,756
The only catch is once you get addicted to the high speed your monthly bill will start becoming bloated. Airtel is probably optimistic lot of customers who are facing the regular low FUP limits will use SOD more frequently.

heh. thats a thought.

i am actually very surprised at the recent airtel moves though.

one would imagine that they are introducing 4mbps plan with terrible FUPs to get people addicted to speeds of 4mbps.

but it would have only worked if they had unlimited 4mbps plans (even at 4-5k per month!). i mean you give the customer a taste of high speed internet but do not offer any plan that he can take paying shit load of money!

i do not think they are going to make much through SOD by using this tactic.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

also just three hours per month? that is probably not good enough to get someone hooked.

if they had charged it per GB, it might have worked.

get 1GB at 4mbps for 25 bucks. something like that.

time based connections do not get you hooked. :)

thats true..Their SOD sucks a big time and later on you have to call CC for wrong billing and removing the amount if error is there from Airtel..

Guess what? I've already used up this month's 3 hrs of 2 Mbps. Waiting for my next bill. Will inform you people when the bill comes out. :|

Its been like 4 days but I am still getting that Service Portal exception error. I have already logged a complaint & am hoping it gets resolved today. Is the SOD working for any other Delhi subscriber ?

I used less than 3 hours of SOD and still they billed me for it, emailing them didnt help either.

I used less than 3 hours of SOD and still they billed me for it, emailing them didnt help either.

The same happened with me... spoke to the CC and asked them to arrange a call back from their senior tech team. Got a call back later in the evening and explained the issue. The guy confirmed the waiver of the amount, however, I still don't know if it'll be done or not.

They are confused themselves as to what they are doing and what they have to do... lol...

Back