Airtel Broadband: Unnecessary Bandwidth Usage.....

• Thread starter Thread starter gauravraw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5,009

gauravraw

ISP
Airtel Broadband
Ok guys, I wasn't able to think of a better title..lol!Here's my problem. There are four lights in our modem, the last two lights are meant to be for data transfer between the PC and the Server and when we download something or we browse some site those two Green lights Flicker at a very fast rate, right? But what if those two lights are flickering unnecessary and my Bandwidth is way too low that time. I mean to say sometimes at Night hours my those two green lights flickers at a VERY fast rate unnecessarily, even if I don't download anything or even if i don't turn on my PC, the moment I turn on my Modem it connects to the server and the two lights starts flickering like as if something is being downloaded, is there any solution to it?And guys I get very slow speed when that unnecessary flickering occurs. Rest of the time it runs just fine.

Utilities for Windows 95
download dumeter and tweakdun 2.2 from the site.
watch the data /speed etc.

Why not just install a proper software firewall and keep your PC safe from viruses that self infiltrate your PC?One other possible reason for the activity light blinking could be that the modem communicating within the internal network of Airtel. But your speeds would not get affected by that.

. I mean to say sometimes at Night hours my those two green lights flickers at a VERY fast rate unnecessarily, even if I don't download anything or even if i don't turn on my PC

Lights flickering even with PC turned off?..do have any other network device other than ur PC attached to ur router?

Download some good Spyware, Antivirus and firewall and use them on fresh installation of your operationg system i am sure you will be safe forever. For getting the idea where bandwidth is getting used... use Network spy 2

Lights flickering even with PC turned off?..do have any other network device other than ur PC attached to ur router?

No, there is nothing else which is also connected with the Modem, I think that's a server problem n yeah the two lights even blinks at a VERY fast rate even when the PC is off.

that is strange..in that case a possibility is somebody might be having remote access to ur router..but even that is a remote possibility coz u wud be having a dynamic IP which wud change everytime u log on.

disable remote access if enabled in router.if router is serving the config page by default on port 80 use firewall to blocking incoming request on port 80..and change default password of routerOReasier thing..get ur router changed..and see if there is a change in the situation

Back