"The Bandwidth Usage" Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter cimmind
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 5,148
Update from my end:Firstly the hopeful good news. It seems the 'free-gifted' hidden adding of extra mb's is not happening for the past 2-3 days now. The DL being shown by the mtnl site and the bandwidth meter i am using are showing more or less the same values. But the crux is...If now the site readings and the meter readings are matching, that means the software is reasonably accurate. And that means it is recording the actual usage. And THAT means that some hanky-panky did take place in the first few days of the month...

Agree with u totally on all points. The DL inflation seems to have almost stopped from the 6th of Aug'08.

no usage calculated from 7th august morning.Is any1 else facing the same problem or not.I am from mumbai mtnl plan 849nu. (Maniklal exchange - Ghatkopar).

For me, the sessions of 7th have got recorded in whole.

I am sidestepping from the main track of the thread, but a question just came to my mind..
If mtnl records and maintains the number of bytes flowing in & out of our computers through its service, does it also know (or maintain a record of) what constitutes those bytes... (no imputations please! :evil:)

no usage calculated from 7th august morning.
Is any1 else facing the same problem or not.

I am from mumbai mtnl plan 849nu. (Maniklal exchange - Ghatkopar).

all my usages are counted to the very last byte :(

maybe mtnl should be informed about this thread and asked to trace the ip's of the users who claim to be spared of their usages , so that they can solve your problem :D

maybe mtnl should be informed about this thread and asked to trace the ip's of the users who claim to be spared of their usages , so that they can solve your problem :D

I am tired of ppl posting without going though the thread first.

Dear Mr. Sandeep,
1. Can you quote the relevant lines wherein any person on this thread has mentioned that he/her is cheating mtnl?
2. Uchit clearly mentioned that his session usage is not being recorded and he is regarding it to be a problem. He is worried about it, not happy Take the trouble of reading the thread and u will know why.
2. Could you be kind enough to explain the logic behind as to how would fowarding the ip's of other people solve his problem?
3. As for the suggestion of tracing ip's, i believe you would have made a great citizen of one of our great neighbours known for its love of democracy, or at the very least their ruling class would have been really proud of you!

If mtnl records and maintains the number of bytes flowing in & out of our computers through its service, does it also know (or maintain a record of) what constitutes those bytes... (no imputations please! :evil:)

Yes it can be done by them, even hackers do the same. :@Thats the reason data is encrypted before transmission :)

I am tired of ppl posting without going though the thread first.

Dear Mr. Sandeep,
1. Can you quote the relevant lines wherein any person on this thread has mentioned that he/her is cheating mtnl?

never said anyone is cheating :whistle:

2. Uchit clearly mentioned that his session usage is not being recorded and he is regarding it to be a problem. He is worried about it, not happy Take the trouble of reading the thread and u will know why.

Is it a problem ?
Yes if they r charging u more usage , then it is a problem :mad:

2. Could you be kind enough to explain the logic behind as to how would fowarding the ip's of other people solve his problem?

that was a joke :)

3. As for the suggestion of tracing ip's, i believe you would have made a great citizen of one of our great neighbours known for its love of democracy, or at the very least their ruling class would have been really proud of you!

TYVM :D

Lastly I beleive that this thread was unnecessary :P

Back