Airtel copper to fiber upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter dhawal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,353
ISP
bsnl
Any successful way to get airtel upgade copper line to fiber line
been waiting from 2 years but airtel only giving copper line and not ready to upgrade to fiber even after multiple requests
airtel fiber is available around me within 50-100 m

In the same boat!

My DSL connection was fixed in Nov 2008 after being on the waitlist for over 2 years!
Unless and until there is competition in your area by way of JIO-Fiber, ACT etc you will
have to wait.

My airtel connection is under safe custody since April 2008 pending a fiber upgrade.
I told them that the connection will be reactivated only when I see Fiber at my door.
The silver lining in the cloud is that they have not been billing me anything for safe
custody so far.

I have jumped ship to a local FTTH provider that was my backup connection since
July 2020 (Covid Days). It has been wonderful, lesser pings, less bufferbloat and has
been stable since the day I installed it.

I have chased a lot of airtel guys over the last year. Was invited to their convention
where I raised the pending upgrade issue with the higher ups - alas to no avail.

Waiting for JIO-Fiber, but that too aludes me... I am in the heart of the city, in a heritage
precint, so no over head wires for pulling cables.

We have like 9 airtel connections in our apartment, the next building has around 15,
but both buildings are not visible when I try to book a new broadband connection
on the airtel website, go figure! (It shows your apartment currently lacks fiber and
we shall be coming there soon)

Might be for different brand but my experience :
BSNL has been calling to our landline since last few days by saying that the old copper line will be shut down and your telephone line will be upgraded to fiber. We have the copper landline since last 15+ years.

BSNL is struggling to survive these days. Now hardly anyone uses copper line telephone. You will notice that many of the rooms in BSNL/MTNL offices have been leased to government services offices like property registration office and others.
As far as Airtel is concerned, sometimes they have agreements in place with third-parties (like Sterlite) to manage the copper infrastructure and they might wait until the current agreement ends before moving to fiber. It's all their own internal business policies based on profit/loss/outsourcing and so on.
In case of Airtel when they change from copper to fiber, you almost kind of get a brand new connection with a new account id/uid/password and mostly a new landline number. Your previous landline if availed on copper will cease to exist.

i used copper for couple of months
40 mbps speed but only issue was daily 2-3 time it drops and to reconnect takes 3-4 mins
so got fed up
all societies around me have got fiber and they say we are waiting for permissions to upgrade in your society

Safe custody for airtel active since April 2023 (not 2008 - typo)

The issue with ADSL is that my rated connection (for 40Mbps plan) is 24 Mbps
but I used to get speeds upto 35-36 Mbps for downloads.

Uploads were stable at 3.5 Mbps during the day and went upto 5.6 Mbps after 11pm.

I worked on a lot of zoom calls on the desktop for online meetings and had issues
with the video uploads. Hence the move to the backup connection.

Fingers crossed with airtel as my city is under going an electricity line upgrade and
all over head poles are being converted to underground (My street had been done
in the first phase last year).

Jio has asked me to go for airfiber - but looking at the horror stories about that
in the forums here makes me hesitant to go for wireless broadband.

Back