Airtel data usage fake?

• Thread starter Thread starter engage
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 25,902
I used to check smartbytes for keeping track of data usage. but it wasn't refreshing the values constantly during a session, in fact it's taking long time or most cases until modem restart. and moreover it takes 48hr to update its usage in bill details section, to know itemized usage but it now only shows from modem start to stop, which in my case is the whole day.
I am planning to switch ISP, please shead some light about the new BSNL's FTTH internet, Pros and cons please.
Thanks

I've got the same problem with airtel smartbytes data count....I am also changing my ISP

That app only parses out the airtel webpage that shows your usage and displays it in a convenient way. It doesn't track the data by itself...so, if you are not seeing the data refreshed for 48 hrs on the webpage, it's not going to show in the app either.

Right. We had a Chrome app that worked great for a few weeks before Airtel changed their webpage breaking it completely. This is the safest approach because it shows you the data from Airtel's servers. Your local counter just does not make any difference to them.

Do you have a wifi router?Maybe your neighbour is also counting on your modem? How about changing the password once in every few weeks..Atleast in my experience that could be the only way for such differences.Just my opinion.

Your router can actually show you who is connected to it. Easy way to find out if someone is evesdropping. In any case, use a good password and encryption and that should be more than enough.

Your router can actually show you who is connected to it. Easy way to find out if someone is evesdropping. In any case, use a good password and encryption and that should be more than enough.
Yeah..I know that pretty well,but many arent well versed nor knowledgible to do even such basic acts.I use my neighbours wifi once in a while,just for minimal use when i'm in bed n too lazy to go to my other room for turning on the router .As far as my experience goes with BSNL and AIRTEL i've never had data leaks or fake usages as such.

Back