Airtel Fair Usage Policy: The Anti FUP Proposal?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 5,895
argh. just had some more communication with airtel guys. things are not looking good. people who are seeking such plans are in very small minority and that is unlikely to force them to release something like this.

definitely very disappointed.
:madness::madness::madness: :wall::wall:

what good is this if airtel is throttling p2p?.I am against this proposal.We should fight Fup and throttling via courts.

from what i heard, airtel seems to be totally not-interested in anything like this.

OK, so from what airtel folks are saying, it looks like the heavy downloaders/uploaders (let's say 100 GB+ per month) are about 5% but the remaining (about 95%) are the uncle-aunty types who are more than satisfied with a monthly FUP of 10-20 GB. So the question is: Why the hell would airtel change all their tariff plans just to satisfy this user base of ~5%? This picture is not gonna change anytime soon unless the remaining ~95% people start complaining about 10-20 GB FUPs. Future doesn't look too good. :|

we are not asking them to change their existing plans. and from what i know... i am/was not being unreasonable... i am not asking them to provide me/us with a 1mbps UL plan for less than 1000 bucks! what i am asking is pretty simple. let's assume the cost of delivering the bandwidth in addition to all other expense comes to Rs. x per GB. let the consumer buy bandwidth bundles as per their convenience for prices ranging from Rs. x+5 to Rs. x+1. charge a premium for shorter bundles. offer better deals on bigger bundles. provide a decent validity period. from what i see, these plans are profitable for airtel. these plans would satisfy people who have been suffering from FUP. everyone wins. except for folks who would still want an unlimited 1/2/3/4/5mbps plan for Rs. 1000/1500.if we look at the bigger picture... bandwidth usage is only going up with time. and since ISPs in india pay for data transfer and not speeds. it makes no sense for them to charge as per speed while restricting data transfer. the proposed plans does something very good. get the customer used to the idea of paying for data. instead of speed. the sooner they get used to this idea, the better it is for the companies and the consumers.

yeah. the whole idea is based on hayai.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

the biggest irony with airtel plans...

https://imgur.com/Br9mj

if i am to believe this calculation. a person can download 100GB of data in 36 days.

that means that if we include both upload and download. a person can theoretically do 100GB of data transfer in 18 days.

so essentially, i can take one of their cheaper unlimited plans and consume more than 150GB at around 1000 bucks?

and they have a plan costing more than Rs. 5000 that comes with 100GB of data transfer limit (@16mbps).

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

the question i want to ask airtel is this...

what exactly are you trying to do. charging as little as 10 bucks per GB to as much as 500 bucks per GB on your plans.

Yes !!!. those kind of plans will be more then welcomed

Airtel Suks... do they understand logic of your post/calculation ... ?
they changed my plan without my information, with 15Gb of FU*k User policy .
Their CC also grown smart for any problem they tossing email:- [email protected]

The "pay-for-bandwidth" pricing model is as yet untested in India. So it's probably unlikely that Airtel would be willing to put their hand up in that regard. Although,we can expect them to introduce such plans after Hayai (or any other ISP) launches such plans and is reasonably successful.

Back