Airtel home delivered a prepaid sim card to my place!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 25,040

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I have been struggling for a while to get a prepaid sim (really :| )Contacted their customer support and the folks got the SIM delivered to my place. OMGZ. Now, the waiting begins for the activation. Process can take as long as two days. BLAH. :cry:

did you mention that you are the admin of this site..?

I bought my bsnl sim with activation and working in flat 20 minutes, was amazed at their speed and performance that also this is coming from BSNL.

did you mention that you are the admin of this site..?

they probably already know me well from my twitter rants.

i guess it was a special case scenario. airtel has been exceptionally nice to me lately.

if they can activate my connection tomorrow, it would be awesome. i am going out of town and i need their roaming edge connectivity.

that is the sole reason i took this prepaid account.

arey baba. airtel requires address verification. at least here in gurgaon.

Interesting. I'm reading such a thing for a first time. I mean I know postpaid is home-delivered, but prepaid?Looks like Airtel really likes admin. He gets all the nice broadband offers and now a prepaid SIM - that too home delivered. :P

well i feel like an idiot now. i discovered that a shady looking shop was selling airtel and vodafone prepaid sims for 15 rupees in the nearby market.

(i remember taking an IDEA sim from them earlier this year. that connection had stopped working after a week. Parents confirmed that no one had come to verify my address... So probably that was the reason).

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

i should mention it here for the sake of it. i know this is not something airtel offers. i know that they probably did it as a favor to me because i have been very critical of them online. i only decided to publish this thread after they tweeted about the same.

http://twitter.com/#!/Airtel_Presence/status/12798539776131073

i had no plans to publish it because it would not have been a nice thing to do.

every time i tried looking for a connection, i was told they were out of stock! anyways... the number seems to be activated. how to start now :Di tried the recharge option on airtel.in the system said mobile number is not valid. :| looks like i would have to recharge it from a shop first. can anyone tell me how to get the 98 rupee data plan on it? and what are the settings for android?

Back