Airtel home delivered a prepaid sim card to my place!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 25,040
Well, numbers are rotated.. there are many ppl who keep changing number. Once grace period is over, mobile operators recycle the number.

mobile companies are supposed to maintain a connection as alive for a period of six months after it is no longer used by the customer.

i guess it takes them more than a year to recycle a number.

the problem is definitely the online classified sites that replicate content from other sites. and never bother to update the contact.

these numbers remain indexed for a long time and someone or the other person would eventually call them expecting to find the original/previous user.

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Ya, exactly. Almost 95% of the wrong number calls I receive on my Airtel are from Bihar. I mean WTF? I ask who they are, who they want and where they are calling from. :|

Looks like you are not using Yahoo Mail. It's spam filter totally sucks. It marks legit Emails as spam and spam Emails as legit. :notallowed::readtherules:

hmmm. you are talking about bihar as if it is not a part of the country. heh.

as for yahoo mail. i do not see any good reason to continue using it. :D

ok I have a 2nd no. which I dnt use much hardly u can say there bal. in it...so what shall I do....it was my old no. I do plan to keep it ?if there is bal but person does nt uses the no. can co's cancel it ? No problem with validity though it 10yrs :D

i think if u dont use it for 6months it gets cancelled even if u have validity for 10yrs...one of my friend told me so.but i am not sure, u can ask customer care

i think if u dont use it for 6months it gets cancelled even if u have validity for 10yrs...one of my friend told me so.but i am not sure, u can ask customer care

you need to recharge for minimum rs 200 every 6 months in validity period

righto. all mobile service providers require you to recharge within a particular time period to keep the connection alive.

You don't need to recharge with anything if you have validity left. I'm not talking about lifetime prepaid here. A lifetime prepaid account needs to be recharged alteast every 6 months by atleast Rs. 200 - this rule does not apply to those whose account is not lifetime prepaid.For e.g. My prepaid validity will expire in 2012 and mine's not a lifetime prepaid account so I don't need to recharge by anything. However, if your number remains switched off continuously for 3-4 months, then your account will be deactivated and your number will be recycled. This happened with a friend of mine. His number was recycled as he didn't insert the SIM straight for 3 months. Airtel recycled his number and allotted it some some other person.I've also confirmed the above info with Airtel CC.

Yep thats what I meant, if u dont use it for few months it gets deactivated even if under validity.

mine is lifetime one well it wasn't before but later on got it converted to lifetime as then I did nt need to worry abt validity much...but then I shifted to vodafone becz of their online service for recharge.....nd BOOM realized how cracky and full of disturbance Vodafone network is nt to mention very inexperienced call center staff..with airtel there was a dedicated call center just for GPRS related issues and all..and I never had any network problem here in Delhi with my airtel 6yrs with them..gonna shift back as soon as MNP arrives... :)

Back