Airtel IPTV Launched! Airtel digital TV interactive

• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 106
  • Views Views 63,676
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^You got that picture WRONG!
It Says/Shows that IPTV STB will be connected to ADSL Modem With or Without Wifi Router... It never said STB will be connected to Wifi Router WIRELESSLY!

airtel custmercare no 011-44444121 or 011-44441111 right now available in delhi Gurgaon

^^You got that picture WRONG!
It Says/Shows that IPTV STB will be connected to ADSL Modem With or Without Wifi Router... It never said STB will be connected to Wifi Router WIRELESSLY!
You are both right and you are both wrong. What Sushubh correctly sensed was that there is a slight amount of ambiguity as the connection between the ADSL modem and the IPTV STB is not shown as wired or wireless, and the only thing mentioned is that a ADSL modem (with or without WiFi) comes in the chain before the IPTV STB.

But anyway, that's clear to anyone who understands the basics of IPTV, that wirelessly it would not work, not under current technology. And people who aren't tech savvy wouldn't anyway read this much into the diagram.

I think they just wanted to put that in, because some customers might have a WiFi router-cum-ADSL modem, and to not frighten them that they would need another piece of hardware.

4000 bucks. damn it. too expensive hardware. but then it does not need inbuilt storage from what it looks like. everything is stored on their own servers which is streamed on demand.

I wish they had call it IPTV. Airtel Digital TV Interactive makes it sound like some add-on service with the existing Airtel Digital TV (DTH), and not a separate service on it's own. They are clearly not appealing to the tech-savvy customers as has been discussed above, and with the name (and the marketing, or rather lack of) they are not really appealing to the average customer at all.

My guess - Flop. (unfortunately).

heh. iptv would be a confusing techie name for regular customers. internet protocol television...it does sound like that the internet works using internet which would i guess confuse the customers. in the end, it would be ordered by a percentage of their existing landline customer base... and that is a pretty small number.

Airtel planing to make good money by selling box @4000 which really cost less than 1000. Ram-naam ki loot hai...loot sake to loot le...(bas govt to election chanda deta rah)

well IPTV set top boxes are surely different from dth set top boxes.you cannot really tell how much they are worth unless you are an industry insider. the point is. airtel is promising features which are not really available on dth... if the service is good, they are a pretty good alternative to dth. and coz it is cable based, it has its own advantages and disadvantages. they also happen to be the only provider offering delhi aaj tak. which is i need. its not available on any of the dth services.airtel has a reputation of charging more than the other players. but they also have a reputation of providing much better services. and they do have a customer support that actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back