Airtel is 💩. Airtel Thanks is 💩💩💩💩💩.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 15,226
121 has been programmed to make it impossible to reach a real person. You cannot change your plan on 121. The company sends you a link to Airtel Thanks app through SMS. If you do not have a smartphone, you are on your own. Their website also does not allow plan change at the moment. They have been running a huge promo showcasing how you can ask them any question through the Airtel Thanks app, and they would respond. Try finding any place in the app where you can post an actual question. The app's help section is useless. It keeps sending you to random parts of the app to get things done which doesn't work. You can't post a complaint. You can't raise an issue. I don't think this company has had such a shitty support system in the 20+ years I have been using them. What a turd this company has become.

A mobile app should not be mandatory to be able to get support from the company. Especially with the kind of malware Airtel has pushed through the app in the past. It has pushed full screen ads. It has pushed a dialer app. It has pushed backup services. The app lets you do everything but get support from the company. And not sure who is thanking who here. We are thanking Airtel for the privilege of being allowed to be their customer? Because that's how this app is behaving right now and same goes for the company itself.

It is also now clear that Airtel customer support helpline 121 behaves differently for different customers. Airtel One plan users get direct access to real person almost instantly. People on premium plans get access through categorized options as well. But if you are on one of the base plans, company does not seem you worthy of talking to a real person on 121. You have to jump through multiple menus and get lucky to be able to talk to a real person. For me, all the mobile numbers connected to my Airtel Thanks account are marked as low priority support customer so it is a massive headache to get a person on the line.

The only form of support I have received in the last couple of years is mostly through Twitter. Even today, I was only able to get my plan changed when their Twitter support team finally responded to a tweet. This is not a good thing. Twitter should not be their only mode of functional support. Not everyone is on Twitter. You should not be required to have a Twitter account to get support. These alternative platforms were supposed to compliment the support network. Shift some of the load. As it did wonderfully. People who were comfortable with calling 121 had that. People who were comfortable with sending a tweet did that. But now, it is a complete shit show.

PS: Folks who also believe that Airtel Thanks app is 💩, feel free to use the share this thread on social media. Use the blue colored icon at top right of this post or the share button at the bottom of the thread.

Last edited:
Their bills are available a few days after billing date. What's the billing date in this case.

27. i have three different landlines configured on the app. rest two download just fine.

That's the thing. When is/was their billing date. I would say it sometimes takes 3-4 days for the bill to be available. I would say wait till the 1st.

My billing date is 5th. I used to get email by 8th. Post recent upgrade i got the bills on 11th dec and 10th Jan and that is also when my bills were downloadable from the app.

I don't understand the appification of the indian companies. Every Indian company these days push apps without providing a working website. Almost all neobanks, fintech companies like OneCard,slicecard etc,local food and grocery deliery apps and now airtel don't have web interface only app to steal user's data

FYI, airtel changed their service provider for managing their broadband business. Earlier it was being managed through oracle and they are migrating to a new provider.

I don't understand the appification of the indian companies. Every Indian company these days push apps without providing a working website. Almost all neobanks, fintech companies like OneCard,slicecard etc,local food and grocery deliery apps and now airtel don't have web interface only app to steal user's data
See the ratio of Mobile Internet Users to Wired Internet Users in India and you will get your answer.

The Main Issue is how are we so behind in Wired Internet Connections when we were among the early birds in this space. had it not been for Covid and Jio Fiber we would probably competing for the last spot in per capita connections with some african nation probably. We still are most likely though probably are now competing for the 2nd last spot.

Their website based account managed seems to be way better. Just tried loggin in the account details page of the website.
First it gave an error saying I am not authorised (most like creating my profile in the backend) since it worked the second time I logged in.

The website shows almost all the details related to past bills/usage/payments made/late payments, etc.

their website refused to let me login till i disabled my ad blocker.
then it gives error about password not being accepted at the moment even though i used otp.
after 2-3 tries it let me enter.

it is quite decent once you get in. but the overuse of white spaces is annoying. every click results in a loading screen. overall, it's functional and seems to be nicer than their mobile app.

tried again just now again. bill is still not loading.

Back