Airtel launches new unlimited plan

• Thread starter Thread starter srini-ca
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 20,970
Originally posted by pawanrh@Sep 27 2005, 08:00 PM
Overhead wires? When did they start drawing overhead wires?
BitTorrent should work with or without ports open! If your ports are not open, eventually U'll get slower speeds!
[snapback]26474[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah, i was out a little far away from my area when i saw workers drawing overhead wire.. the colour of wire was different i asked them what wire is that, they didnt know much and just said airtel so i presumed it to be broadband. how is the connection being supplied to other parts.
thanks..
well i am going to take aitel 128k within some time i hope torrents work fine or internet would be quite boring.

Airtel is fast exanding and so far no other indian ISP can really competitively challenge them, thus far. But if another company can, man will it benefit us. Who knows? Hathway may start offering 512 kbps unlimited. Or Hotwire may go 1mbps unlimited. Times are changing and I hope the pace increases fast.

Wherever Touchtel had their base setup prior to the tae-over by Airtel, they have installed fibre optic cables (underground) till the junciton box. This is how they ensured max speeds. If they are drawing overhead wires, then check the distance across which copper wires have been drawn.And regarding Airtel and torrents, know this... if u take the USB modem, then the external IP gets forwarded to ur PC. Hence no router forwarding required. However getting drivers for their crap USB Modems for linux or 64 bit systems is very difficult. I'd say go for the ethernet option... and INSIST on the D-Link 502T ADSL router modem.

Home 600 will have 128 Kbs unlimited downloads is 600 rs monthlyHome 900 will have 256Kbs unlimited downloads is 900 rs monthlygood.but is phone is must with these packs?and how much they charging for installation and cable modem etc stuff

i paid them 333 (1st installmet) and they installed eveything. Next and final installment is 333 only so666 - one time instlation fees900 - 256kbps p/mphone - as per usage. if u don't use it no phone bill i.e. just 900/-pm since i have two mobile phone i don't need the airtel stupid phone' as far as speed conern 90% time i get 30K download and around 10K upload speed. Overall good experince. I'm using it since last 3 weeks and it was only down twice for 10-15 min. Otherwise it goes on no matter rain comes or some one dies ;) and yah don't go for stupid USB modem go for D-Link 502T router it rocks...

Originally posted by magnet@Oct 3 2005, 03:29 PM
yup 70mbps via wireless......also airtel has started shifting 256kbps 999buks ppl  to 512 kbps...fearing that......i m waiting for next month so that mtnl comes up with a plan in mumbai and hathway either reduce the charge or even further upgrade me........[snapback]27169[/snapback]
[/quote]WHAT ????
wow, anyone to confirm or deny the above news?

512 kbps unlimited, for Rs.999 only? Am i in India, am I dreaming?

u already have reached 256kbps in that price region... so it might not be far off!

Yeah I heard it. Airtel does plan to to introduce 512 kbps, and probably next year roll out with a 1 mbps connection unlimited finally. Not nearly as fast as the developed world, but fast when you're in india. I just can't wait till airtel comes in my area.

Back