Airtel launches new unlimited plan

• Thread starter Thread starter srini-ca
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 20,970
So no stupid port forwarding required? No downtimes...speeds as promised...sounds too good to be true...hehe...

Airtel has to pay for the bandwidth they eventually sell as well..I wonder how long this 256 for 1k lastsEither the speed will go lower/get canceled on a Sify-way , or the price of the package will raise

u are forgetting they have their own internet gateways. and they do not have to release this package considering they do not have ANY competition. they just released this package to comply with trai recommendation.

No! This will last! 256k for 1k is definitely affordable for them! maybe they don hmake as much profits but they get a huge cust base for broadband and hence phone also!Sushubh, They definitely do have competition from a lotta smaller ISPs! They may not be as big as them, but performing better than them. But yes, Its good they are following TRAI's recommendations. Finally

smaller ISPs won't bother Airtel as much BSNL could if they relaunch their unlimited package. most traditional homes have BSNL phone connections and i know atleast 4 people who won't get themselves Airtel just becoz they do not want another phone line! I pity them ;)

...o wellI calle dthem last night at 2:30am or somethingWithin 48 hrs they change it into 256They surely will regret it,since i already reach 500~700MB a day on 128-line :lol:

i am using airtel since 8 months now. our average download would be 16 hours of continues download daily. never got any complaint or attitude from the company. maybe its time you change your opinion about indian companies.

Nobody answered my question yet. Do u ppl get green smileys in Azureus or remote connections in BitComet with Airtel?.....coz u can't do port forwarding with a dynamic ip...

Originally posted by Sushubh@Sep 15 2005, 01:59 PM
i am using airtel since 8 months now. our average download would be 16 hours of continues download daily. never got any complaint or attitude from the company. maybe its time you change your opinion about indian companies.
[snapback]25228[/snapback]
[/quote]

Company .... The 'S' does not belong here....its not that they 'all' are too much into leeching the customers

As of now, i had only 1 problem with Airtel, a few days after i got connected ; the linedroppings i got all the time
I went to thailand and when i came back it was fixed

Even if Airtel did not came with 256, i would have still been satisfied to a certain limit ...its never down, and i get 110~125kbps constant...and, the upload does the same thing...

All the ISP's ive used in these 4 years had a unfriendly way/policy towards the customers... and Airtel is different i can say.IF they keep on going like this without changes in their policy...

I think the Internet business will only get better eventually....and within a year/years or so, we can enjoy 512 unlimited or higher

Back