Airtel looses its Identity by dropping Unlimited GPRS (Mobile Office Unlimited) plans.

• Thread starter Thread starter raja.chamdi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 12,044

raja.chamdi

ISP
Airtel
Airtel looses its Identity by dropping Unlimited GPRS (Mobile Office Unlimited uses for Rs 255/month and Rs 10/daily) plans

Airtel looses its Identity by dropping Unlimited GPRS (Mobile Office Unlimited uses for Rs 255/month and Rs 10/daily) plans

Which circle?

yes airtel backtracks on their gprs plan and give scrap plans......airtel gprs stinks...i,ve already stopped using mobile office as i get broadband on same rate

98 for 2GB is mostly unlimiteddifficult to cross 4 gb in a month so even if you get 2x98 its 196 which is cheaper

I use an Android which is essentially a cloud based phone and I have monitored my data usage for about a month (using NetCounter app). With background sync for Outlook (with attachments), Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Album art data and all sort of ad-supported free aps and general full HTML page browsing (not WAP), photo uploading to Facebook and Picasa - I did not exceed 2 GB by far - mostly hovering around 500 MB to 1 GB.Trust me, I am a big fan of Unlimited and was part of the Anti-AFUP campaign so I know the value of the word but this plan for Rs 98 for 2GB is awesome and I am sure based on the usage patterns for most of the users. You can't run Shoutcast radio over EDGE/GPRS anyways due to latency/speed (yes I do that on my Android on WiFi) and YouTube will be a long shot too so why are we cursing Airtel for the sake of cursing? It's Rs 98 guys as compared to a lot more that we used to pay - I think it's brilliant!Yes, where it hits probably is when you tether your phone to your laptop. I don't have usage patterns for that coz I don't use that.Also, moderator, please move this thread to the appropriate forum - not sure if this should be in broadband.

Er , this thread was created when the 2GB 98 Rs plan did not exist , so the OP was complaining about the lack of unlimited (or decent data) plans at that time./

Er , this thread was created when the 2GB 98 Rs plan did not exist , so the OP was complaining about the lack of unlimited (or decent data) plans at that time./

My bad - I should've checked.

Back