Airtel Mobile connection on Nokia n800

• Thread starter Thread starter naseem.k
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 14,373
most new phones from all the companies would support the three bands. Nokia especially. since they are sold in almost all the nations worldwide.

^ yup thats right. i think mostly all new Nokia mobiles support triband, but maybe a couple of lower end models only support dual band. eg.- nokia 2626.i think n800 is cdma and the cdma operators here dont allow/cant be used with unlocked phones.

Hey,N800 is not a cellular phone. It is a net access device. It support bluetooth and WiFi but does not support CDMA or GSM.Buy any $300+ Nokia GSM phone in US, and it will work in India since most of US versions are Quad band now.And ANY corner shop will unlock it for you. Its quite simple and does not involve opening the phone.

Hey,

N800 is not a cellular phone. It is a net access device.
It support bluetooth and WiFi but does not support CDMA or GSM.

Buy any $300+ Nokia GSM phone in US, and it will work in India since most of US versions are Quad band now.

And ANY corner shop will unlock it for you. Its quite simple and does not involve opening the phone.

Oh God. Its not a cell phone :(. Yeah you are absolutely correct. Just now I have gone through nokiausa site and they call it not a cellphone rather a Internet Tablet with OS installed Linux.

^ i couldnt understand what you were saying there. hehe. now i do.no wonder i couldnt find any specs regarding network.

From a document I found on the web related to !dea

Our ability to provide a quality mobile network is dependent on the Spectrum allocated to us.
Spectrum is defined as the distribution of wavelengths and frequencies that exist in a continuous range and have a common characteristic, containing electromagnetic frequencies used for electronic communications including, amongst other things, mobile communications.

A mobile network’s capacity is, to a certain extent, limited by the amount of frequency Spectrum available for its use. Thus the capacity of our network is limited by the amount of Spectrum allocated to us. The DoT manages and allocates frequency Spectrum to mobile operators. Spectrum is generally allocated within two frequency bands: 900 MHz and 1800 MHz. The 900 MHz frequency band is preferable as it leads to a lower overall capital cost as compared to the 1800 MHz band. Frequencies in the 900 MHz band generally are granted to the first operators in a particular Circle. We have been allocated the 900 MHz frequency bands for seven of the Circles in which we currently operate, namely Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Uttar Pradesh (West) Circles. We operate on the 1800 MHz frequency bands in the Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh (East) Circles. Under current regulations and according to the terms of our licenses, we can apply for additional Spectrum upon reaching certain threshold numbers of subscribers. For example, on reaching a certain threshold level of subscribers and traffic on our network in our Uttar Pradesh (West) Circle, we received an additional Spectrum in the 1800 MHz frequency band to operate our services.

Back