Airtel Static IP - Setup Guidance

@gayad The XZ000-G7 is already at bridge mode, you just need the GPON SN printed at the back of your Nokia ONT, the VLAN ID which is 100 for airtel and the WAN MAC of the Nokia ONT, printed on the back or mentioned at the dashboard of the Web UI. Follow this video
Source by Navjot Singh for the XZ000-G7 configuration.

@IfranAli Dayumn this is some solid stuff man! Thanks for sharing.
I'll order this RN if it means bypassing that bs.
So, in order to make it work, would I need to get some details from the Team Lead guy?
Like my IP and other details?
Are there any pros and cons of taking this route? I mean bypassing the Airtel Router?

@gayad The only con I see is the VoIP, IPTV and remote manage functionality via airtel app. But for your use case, I don't think this matters at all. The XZ000-G7 is kinda buggy with Jio at the moment, but with Airtel, it works flawlessly. As for the configuration, take a note of the IP details, as it is the most important stuff, alongside GPON SN, VLAN and WAN MAC. The technician will outright refuse to configure the ONU and third-party router as part of company regulations. So, get these details by yourself or take a note of them when the tech guy comes to configure it and you can use them later on.

@IfranAli gotcha.
So .. The TL at backend whos contact I have, I need to ask him
-My Static IP
-Gateway? (lol sorry if that was a dumb question)
And the GPON SN, VLAN and WAN MAC are details I'd already have. Right?
Then get the XZ000-G7 and a nice Router and set and forget. Correct me if I am wrong.
Sounds like a plan honestly.

Also while we speak, I am unable to login to Nokia Router Page, maybe Airtel is doing some stuff to it.

@gayad The IP, Subnet Mask and Gateway is what you should know. DNS is optional but upto the user.
The router might be under configuration, so don't login for atleast 30 minutes.
Check the WAN page after 30 mins and see if anything changes.
The GPON SN, VLAN and WAN MAC is present at the router itself.

@IfranAli dude, thanks a lot.
It's a lot clearer now.
I'll have them setup the Nokia though.
So would you in the end recommend me to go this custom setup route to bypass Airtel?
Like I wouldn't ever need to run after them to change this or that, just need my internet and I'll take care of the rest sorts?
I am looking for some routers rn haha. Some of my nerd friends swear by Microtiks.

@gayad If you feel any problems, just hook up the Nokia ONT again and register a complaint for internet downtime and any other issues. They ain't gonna suspect anything lol. As for the routers, it's completely your choice to go by whatever fits your needs and ease of access and setup. There are countless videos on Youtube for setting up routers with YOUR specific needs.

Last edited:
UPDATE: So around 11am today, my Cities Backend guy called to ask me to restart my router.
Post that he started doing his thing and I have finally gotten everything sorted.
Gotta say it was a pretty seamless experience with Airtel. 24 hours and done.

UaQMD6Z.png

iE1TXT5.png

hS5PQ0L.png

@IfranAli you've helped a lot man.
But theres a few things that I've noticed.
  • Network>LAN: IP and DHCP settings are locked?
    I talked to my Rep and he said that it will be locked and I will have to tell him to make any changes to say the DHCP I had setup earlier.
  • I don't see UPnP option anymore. Ie. I have to port forward manually right? (I think UPnP isnt safe as I've heard)
  • Maintenance - I don't see "Logs" anymore. There is this new field called "Delta CFG Tool"
  • The Firewall setting is locked as well and set to "Low". I can access the "Attack Protection" setting.

Attaching Device Information here: Is everything uptodate?
Also, yesterday I Reset the router by removing Fiber Cable and then putting it back after reset.
Today they could do it EZ, hoping I am not on some ancient firmware now.
hFOWan6.png

Last edited:

Back