Airtel Static IP - Setup Guidance

@tr1k0N4 ow shit! lmao! Plis dont hack guys!
Ok soo ... I should do something about it?
I have the number of my local backend guy, he told me he got this pushed from higher ups.
And they screwed me with this locked ass firmware? WHY! :p
Anything I can tell him?

So .. I didn't even port forward anything yet, but when I go into OpenPortCheckTool, one of the ports that I have in QBit shows open.
Is this how it should be? I don't see UPnP setting in my Router anymore. Is it enabled and I can't see/change it?

In my Routers Port Forwarding Section, I see this added automatically and it says "Source: UPnP". Wtf.
h4Zfh3u.png

Last edited:
@gayad ISP's ONT is trash as always. That's why third-party ONT and Router are a godsend. Your router being locked down is same as Jio, as Airtel has the custom firmware and the TR-069 remote control, making the firmware a read-only.
As for the UPnP, check whether it is turned On or Off. From my understanding, some ports are always open in Static IP, regardless of PF rules. For my Local ISP: Ufibernet Agartala (ANONET Backend), some ports were always open for my Static IP plan.
You should get a third-party setup, as you are getting NO freedom of usage from these provided ONTs

@gayad LAN IP and DHCP is locked? Now that is some next-level BS. What if I want to port-forward more ports and lease Static IPs to my devices? I have to contact them again and again? At least Jio provides DHCP and LAN IP settings to be changeable.
DBG Logs wont matter anyways as they are encrypted. As for the firewall, High and Low has no impact, but they do have performance impacts to the router if set incorrectly.

@IfranAli I was gonna come to the part of "Ditching Airtels Nokia".
But mate, if you read 2-3 of my earlier messages .. before they pushed their settings, what I had has been locked?
Also I don't see UPnP and it's gone and "Force Enabled" that I can't change now!

I just had a call with the Local Guy who managed all this. He says he understands what I am saying, his boss will come and he will ask him to talk to me.

Anyways, I actually wanted to have this Nokia properly configured as a backup.
Now that all the Static IP stuffs been sorted .. ..
@IfranAli should I get the XZ000G7 fo sure? There's this XZ000G3 as well but out of stock everywhere.
Is the G7 Newer Model?
Are there any better ONU+Router that work? Will the G7 absolutely work?
I did watch the GeekBros vid.

@gayad The G7 absolutely works with Airtel, as per the forum members (for Static IP, you might need to ask the forum members). The G3 is older than G7, but has more features and has better OLT compatibility than G7. As for a ONT+Router combination, there are several you can find: Netlink, Digisol, Syrotech and TP-Link (XC220-G3/G3v, XX230v). I personally used the XC220-G3v, and it worked with almost all of my Local ISP's network (FABNET, Ufibernet, Alliance BB and Unistar). So, if you want only ONE, XC220-G3/G3v is a good choice (Although BSNL has some issues with VoIP not being registered properly).

@IfranAli I am inclined towards G7. Earlier you mentioned, that I'd loose VOIP and IPTV with G7.
Would that still be the case if I buy the XC220G3v?
Also, when you say for "Static IP I'd need to ask the members" .. has the success rate been low with that?
I'll research here if any Airtel Static IP guys have it working with either one of these.

What would YOU personally recommend as a solid foolproof set it and forget it option with good features?

Also, idk wtfs up, but asa I got the Static IP, visiting sites just returns an error. When I refresh, it loads.
My IRC Client keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting in like 20 mins.
Even this forum, if I now press refresh, it'll return an error, refresh again and it loads.
Hmmm .. .. ..

Anything I should tell my Local Guy, so he stfups with his, "It will be locked and we'll do the changes" and pushes some better config to my router?
UPnP is force on and the options gone lmao

Back