Airtel Sux Big Time - Speed Problems since Past 1 year!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 17,909
Same here! B******s have decided to rip off 256Kbps unlimited accounts. If this persists for 1-2 days I will be definitely going for ISP change. Paying Rs 1000 plus just not worth this s**t!

yea even im from gk-1 @slayer123

Its not only the people on 256 UL plan that are getting screwed. Leave alone double speeds, I'm not even getting anything close to 128kbps. The best that I get is 10-12 KBps. Until two days back it used to be 16-18 kBps during the day and 26-30 kBps during night. I hope it gets back to normal soon.

I hope it gets back to normal soon.
Amen!

I dont think its gonna return to normal speeds again - I just got off the fone wid those buggers & they ve told me speeds r according 2 plan... hell, 1 sucker even went 2 the lengths of telling me whether i close my complaint or not, this is the speed u ll get from now on. n i thought they called themselves 'customer-centric'?!! btw i ve escalated the issue to their appellate authority, though i m not hoping anythin +ve... when it comes 2 airtel, thts wishing like rain on a sunny day!

I had a dsl engineer visit my house. This guy was NOT a lineman and was verrrryyyyy knowledgable. He told me that some OFC got cut in sector 2 noida and hence the problems. They are working on it and the problem is almost solved. He told me that while 99% users will be back to normal speeds some users may experience the throttled speeds. You have to inform them if you face the problem after a few days also. The CC doesn't know about it so it is useless to talk to them. When you talk to the cc tell them an airtel guy told you and that there was a problem with sec2 exchange and so you want the status update. In this case you will most likely get a callback from their technical deptt

I had a dsl engineer visit my house. This guy was NOT a lineman and was verrrryyyyy knowledgable. He told me that some OFC got cut in sector 2 noida and hence the problems. They are working on it and the problem is almost solved. He told me that while 99% users will be back to normal speeds some users may experience the throttled speeds. You have to inform them if you face the problem after a few days also. The CC doesn't know about it so it is useless to talk to them. When you talk to the cc tell them an airtel guy told you and that there was a problem with sec2 exchange and so you want the status update. In this case you will most likely get a callback from their technical deptt

This is good news!
So this Sec 2 Noida exchange is responsible for problems all over Delhi? Wow!
BTW, What is OFC?

OFC is optical fibre cableLet's see what happens. Is it possible to synchronize some sort of a complaint to the cc ?What say all of us call up at 5 pm this saturday and ask for the full speed. If this speed is not provided then we should threaten to leave airtel. If we can organize support through this forum then it might work. We have to stand up.Also, why not share our experience with CNN IBN ? I sent a mail to nodal.ncr highlighting all the legal aspects of their service and quoting trai's guidelines. I think thats why they sent a dsl engineer to my house. The CC as usual were just trained monkeys

OFC is optical fibre cable

Let's see what happens. Is it possible to synchronize some sort of a complaint to the cc ?
What say all of us call up at 5 pm this saturday and ask for the full speed. If this speed is not provided then we should threaten to leave airtel. If we can organize support through this forum then it might work. We have to stand up.
Also, why not share our experience with CNN IBN ? I sent a mail to nodal.ncr highlighting all the legal aspects of their service and quoting trai's guidelines. I think thats why they sent a dsl engineer to my house. The CC as usual were just trained monkeys

Actually I will not be satisfied by full speed alone. I also want night double back. Full speeds and Night double cannot be demanded as its not legally committed by Airtel.

I am also having speed issues on my 999 plan.An airtel "engineer" came today and he told me flat out that speeds will not increase.Night time double speeds are gone. i am stuck at 23-24k speeds.This sucks big time. I will have to seriously look at MTNL as an option if this continues.The thing is I have heard that MTNL is notorious for its downtimes.If that is true, I am in a jam. :(

Back