Airtel Sux Big Time - Speed Problems since Past 1 year!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 17,909
Actuallyl, we can demand full speed legally in this plan.
According to the QOS guidelines published by TRAI on Oct 6, 2006, broadband is defined as "always on connection with minimum speed of 256 Kb/s" Home 999 plan is advertised by airtel as a broadband connection. If they classify it as a high speed connection then we can't demand it leagally.

Also, the ISP HAS to provide a minimum speed of 80% the plan's speed.
Also, latency from the pop to customers is 350 msec ( or 100 msec, I don't remember exactly )

Remember guys, we have many members using airtel. If we organize we can get them to bend. Imagine when they receive calls from thousands of users all saying either give us full speed or take your shitty connections back within minutes of each other.

I am in, I stay at Lajpat Nagar and facing the same problem since a couple of days. I am on the UL999 plan and when I complained to CC, a "engineer" came to my house and tried to offer me crap like this the best speed you'll get and nothing's wrong with the connection, I coolly told him that there is nothing he can do here as its a problem from the backend.

Let us all email the nodal and appelate officers of our reason and tell them what we think of Airtel. We should mention the TRAI guidelines and should also mention that we have formed a group and are serious about filing a class action law suite. We can easily win this suite as the TRAI guidelines are pretty clear on this. Any lawyers on the forum ?

class action law suit

first consult a lawyer if there is any such thing in the indian legal system.

i am pretty sure that the customer care people hear those dhamkis every day multiple times. the thing is would you go ahead and file a law suit in the customer court?

i am sure if even 10% of the complaining customers file a lawsuit instead of just threatening it, companies would have to start listening to the end customer.

File suit and win what? Pathetic 256 Kbps speeds for Rs 1200/-? Not worth it! Better to ditch it altogether.

OK fine. But we should all atleast email the nodal and appelate officers citing the TRAI QOS regulations and demand that either airtel gives us what we want or we switch to another provider. We may even negotiate with the other ISPs for better rates. Imagine even if 100 of us from delhi shift to any ISP ( private, I don't think MTNL will give better rates ) then we can easily negotiate better rates for all of us. And if many home999 users actually leave airtel we will be sending a very strong message to airtel

shit!! i'm ready 2 ditch airtel!!i've been on the 699 plan fr a year now.....y the hell are they doin it now??? a lady at their CC told me tht they havent ever had the night time double speed plan ever!!! their fu*kin executive who came weni got my connection told me specifically tht they did!! yyy??ditch airtel!! MTNL duz suck....bt airtel is js playing 2 dirty now....js denying everything!! fu*k!!!hope tht the CNN-IBN works out....lol.....at least sumthn wil happen.....airtel won't do anything until this becomes BIG!!

hope tht the CNN-IBN works out....lol.....at least sumthn wil happen.....airtel won't do anything until this becomes BIG!!

Dont be too optimistic. CNN-IBN is not some Supreme Court that can dictate Airtel to spend millions on us that they are trying to save by cutting down our bandwiths.

these bastards hv really outdone themselves... the complaint i logged 2 days back - i just got a SMS saying dear customer, ur complaint has been resolved - WTF, i spec called up their shitty CC & told em 2 keep it open n now i get this... man, really, they r the worst ISP in the country, period! oh & no respite in the speed thingie... fk these bastards over n over until they die a painful horrible slow death!

these bastards hv really outdone themselves... the complaint i logged 2 days back - i just got a SMS saying dear customer, ur complaint has been resolved - WTF, i spec called up their shitty CC & told em 2 keep it open n now i get this... man, really, they r the worst ISP in the country, period!

oh & no respite in the speed thingie... fk these bastards over n over until they die a painful horrible slow death!

:) I like the way you think!

When I spoke to CC last, they didn't even register complaint and justified the current sh**ty speeds.

Back